What's new

BACK TO THE FUTURE DVD: Corrected Versions In Stores, FAQ & Summary (1 Viewer)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
So, I finally picked up the new set. Guess what? Part II is marked with a V2, but not Part III. ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! Does anyone know if they're still doing the exchange?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I just got a call from fed ex and it says they do not ship to PO Boxes and need a suite number. Does anyone have more info for me, or should I call up to find out?

Thanks

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
I just came back here to make sure the latest re stocking batch I just saw at Costco for 18.98 is the corrected issue, they are the ones with the new sticker pictured here on the first post, so if any one missed the previous chances, well , they are back again :) before they are gone forever, so they keep saying...:D

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Neil,

If you don't have a tracking #, it might be hard. Best bet would be to call 1-800-GOFEDEX, tell them the situation, and they can probably determine your local depot and send a message to them.

MatthewHA

Grip
I only heard about this framing issue last week, and on this forum. I called the # and was surprised and pleased to hear someone answer. I received the disk mailer a few days ago and sent my disks off. If everything goes well in the mailing, I should expect my disks in a week or so.

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
I've withheld from buying this set because of the whole framing fiasco and it seems like I'll withhold a little longer as HD versions will surely be out eventually.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Whatever. I watched all three in the "bad" versions and never noticed a damn thing wrong with any one of them.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

First of all, the first film isn't affected. Secondly, how could you not notice? Granted, there's no critical information missing throughout the bulk of the sequels but there are two or three VERY noticeable instances where visual gags are completely obscured by the incorrect framing.

If you say it doesn't really bother you I can't really argue with that but if you didn't notice that you can't see Marty's sleeve's shortening in Part II or his Nikes as part of his initial "Old West" attire in Part III then you are simply not paying attention or you're in denial.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Well, the first step in correcting a problem is to admit you have one, Ethan, so we've at least gotten that far...

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
That's so funny. I was just talking to my friend about these. He never bothered to send in for the corrected ones, and I, of course, chastised him for it.

Is there really a "v3" coming? Or does that mean a new edition of the movie (as opposed to "time to send in your discs again). I belive it was rumored some time ago, they'd be re-released.

Seems to me BTF was one of the first big trilogy-type of releases to hit DVD. Wonder if they'll do new transfers for HD and use those for DVD as well. Not sure they need them, but they could probably do them better now (provided the prints are still in good shape).

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I recall the errors in most of the films mentioned, but what was wrong with "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

So let me get this straight. Your first reply to this thread is "Whatever". And now you're surprised you're catching flak?

What was your purpose for posting in the first place?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
"Feeble retorts to biting wit do not great sarcasm make."

--Ethan McFly, 2085

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks