What's new

Babylon 5 scripts being published - including the alternate B5 outline with Sinclair (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Exactly right, so JMS is inlcuding the script for In the Beginning in that volume:

• Objects in Motion
• Objects at Rest
• Sleeping in Light
• Movie – in the Beginning
(Producer’s Script Book)

I can only assume that the original material in the volume will also be more extensive, much like the last disc of a TV on DVD set which generally has the bulk of the extras. He'll probably wrap the 14 standard volumes up with some kind of concluding essay on the series as a whole, B5 fandom, the DVD phenomenon and the future of TV SF.

Regards,

Joe

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Guess it wouldn't have hurt for me to read past the volume 1 page of the babylon5scripts site, huh? :b

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Volume 2 went on sale at the site at 9 PM ET on Sunday. Here are the details:

And here's a link to Volume 2 and all the cool new stuff.

I'll probably also get a coffee mug, but I'm having trouble choosing between "But in purple I'm stunning! and "I’ve always said you can get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than you can with just a kind word." :D

Regards,

Joe

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I made my order just for Volume 2 at the moment. I'll think about the coffee mugs and such for another time. Maybe with another order. I was quite glad to see that they gave us a further discount this time. That was a nice touch.

Neil

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
The $5 discount code was the same one I received as an apology for the production delay of volume 1. Anyway, I placed my volume 2 order this afternoon. I can't wait till I get it in 3 weeks or so.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Those quotes are great.

My favorite though from the series was not included.

Kosh: The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

I am very much enjoying volume 1. The memos were fascinating to read and I am enjoying the scripts themselves more than I thought. Vol 2 has been ordered.

Andy

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Kinda wish they'd do shirts in other than white, but they probably at the will of CafePress.

Jason

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
They could do yellow, green and now black. All it takes is the effort to create a new product using the same artwork.

I'd love to have one of those slogans on a black T-shirt.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Maybe we could have shirts in green.

No, purple.

Green!!

Purple!!

This may take a while to sort out. :D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Y'know, when I first read about this, I thought... Although I'd like to read what JMS' original plans were for the big giant arc, I sure don't need to buy all those scripts! Now, I'm kinda jealous of you guys and wishing I did. Of course money's a little tight here lately, so it ain't gonna happen!

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I bit on this. Book 2 and the "Obsessed with the enemy" T-shirt with the $10 coupon. Now I'll have to wait for them to offer a deal on book 1 again :frowning:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I think you might be out of luck on that. I think Book 1 will be $39.99 from now on, but maybe you'll get a good coupon to reduce that price. The store did seem to have a free shipping on gifts over $50 offer going on, so that might help. Get someone to buy that and something else for you :)

Neil

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

Yah the books are not cheap. And I have to admit that even though I am very much enjoying the scripts, I would not have paid this price for the scripts alone.

Luckily all of the other material more than makes up for it.

Andy

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Now that they've moved the publishing schedule back to approximately monthly, it's a little easier on the old wallet.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It took six days to go from Oakland to the East Coast, but it appears my copy of the second volume is at the local UPS location now. Maybe it will go out today and arrive today if I am lucky.

Neil

Edit: My wife who was at home wrapping presents and doing other holiday preparation activities just called and said it was delivered! :)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I got mine yesterday as well.

The introduction to this volume was a great read!

Can't wait to dig into it more...

Andy

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I only read the introduction as well so far. There was another shipping snafu this time as well. Instead of UPS making mistake, Cafe Press this time did it. They also put someone else's B5 Vol 2 order in my box. I managed to contact that person and we'll both be contacting Cafe Press to see what to do. For a few moments I thought it was big enough to be split into two physical books. Oh, well.

Neil

Edit: I just managed to reach someone at Cafe Press and they are going to ship out another copy to the other person and said I could donate the extra copy I received. I think I'll give it to the Farpoint convention in February to put up for one of their charity auctions.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
On rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated, at least one person reported missing pages 11-26 from the episode "Voice in the Wilderness - Part 1". JMS seemed to be aware of this so it's happened more than once. Might want to check your copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks