What's new

Babylon 5 newbies? (Richard Biggs - RIP) (1 Viewer)

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
Just wait until the final episode of season three, "Za'ha'dum"! (He said with a maniacal laugh, bwa-ha-ha!)

Julie K

Screenwriter
I'm not going to be able to wait until the next season of DVDs...I've noticed that the SciFi channel is starting season 3 the end of this week. So, I'll have to put up with station bugs and stretch modes, but I have got to see what happens next!

I was right about the Shadow ships? Cool! I can't wait to find out the twist, though.

The fact that there are alien races far more advanced than humans (I liked G'Kars observation of what an ant thinks of humans) is one reason I very much like this show.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Star Trek had plenty of races that were far more advanced than humans. What makes B5 unique, however, is the relationship between the ancients and the younger races. It was brought up in season 2, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I can understand not waiting for the DVDs. :) On the bright side, it appears season 3 has been pushed up to August (as opposed to September or even November, as earlier schedules had listed).

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah...the season 3 finale kicks arse! :emoji_thumbsup: Boy oh boy you poor people who haven't seen it yet. I pity you! :)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Cough...cough..."Grail"
I haven't seen it in a while (I'm still working through Season One right now.), but I don't think that episode is that bad.

I'd vote for "Grey 17 is missing". All a bunch of nothing in the end.

BTW, WB has moved up the date of Season Three to August. Good stuff.

Jason

Eric C D

Second Unit
Grail and Infection are definitely in my "lower half" of episodes as well. But when I don't enjoy the overall episode, there are still usually tidbits to enjoy.

Infection introduces the concept of organic machinery (plus more - think about it). Also, it features probably the second-most used normally-under-a-mask actor in the series (after Wayne) - Marshall Teague - playing in his normal skin.

Grail serves to tell you the tales of B1 to B4. Yes, I found it weak, but you mean to tell me that you don't like Jinx and the end outcome? Some of you seekers for truth here on the net should be able to relate. ;)

Me personally, I probably like Grail a bit more than either Infection or Comes the Inquisitor.

Bring on August!

enjoy,

Eric

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Cough...cough..."Grail"
Indeed, I has almost forgotten.

I think, perhaps, that I tend to "remember" a particular episode differently once I have understood it in terms of the whole story. Those episodes that might have been stinkers on their own became more noteworthy when they were later revealed to foreshadow future events, or futher explain past events. Although I will confess to being biased in this fashion, I won't confess to this revisionistic behavior being a weakness. After all, I'm simply waiting until I have all the facts about an episode before I render judgement. Just because it takes me up to five years to form an opinion of an episode doesn't make it a bad thing. :)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah...the season 3 finale kicks arse! Boy oh boy you poor people who haven't seen it yet. I pity you!
I envy them. They get that surprise / fresh thing going on when they watch it.

Unfortunately, I watched the whole series out of order. It took me a while to piece it altogether. Definitely don't recommend that.

Grail has its share of fans. Some folks really dug the whole Seeker thing. I am not one of them. Grail, TKO, and Infection are episodes I could do without.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
One of the more entertaining concepts thus far has been the episode regarding the Technomages. Are they gone for good, or do they make a reappearance? They seem like a nifty notion for a throwaway part.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
There was a Technomage as a regular character on the B5 spinoff Crusade, but that series was demolished by the pinheads at TNT.

Julie K

Screenwriter
No more technomages? Too bad, I liked them too.

But what I really want is more pakmara!
(Ok, more Shadows too, but I think I'll be getting that...)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I have to ask...Julie, why do you like the Pakmara so much again? Does it have anything to do with bacon? :)

Hmmm...I can't remember what episodes mentioned them. Drat i can't remember if it involved the Centauri or the Minbari.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks