What's new

Babylon 5 newbies? (Richard Biggs - RIP) (1 Viewer)

Graham Perks

Second Unit
Your friend is spot-on. The CG in series one is made up of short clips here and there. By the middle of season two the CG really leaps forward. It's used to create entire locations for the actors (e.g. Mars) as well as many space and hyperspace scenes. The amount of destruction laid on in CG is quite excellent, massive ships and space stations getting chopped up by CG ships that are ... scary.

At one point I heard B5 held the record for the largest number of spaceships shown in a scene. I don't know if that's true but I can certainly believe it.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Because the space scenes were all CGI, it always looks real fake- like a screen-saver. But a pretty screen saver.

More importantly, I think some of the ships have the best designs I've ever seen. Narn cruisers look so cool, and there are two ships that you haven't seen yet that are awesome...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I would much rather have shaky CGI in B5's early seasons than Great effects and so-so stories like the recent Trek franchise.

Wasn't it this week that news was suppose to be announced regarding another B5 project?
Was there any news?

I think it's interesting that B5 and DS9 both lost an actress in there second to last season and had to add an additional cast member to replace her. Both left due to a contract dispute too.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I don't know if it was ever confirmed that Terry Farrell left because of a contract dispute. Most likely, she was just sick of doing it anymore.

Funny that she didn't want her character killed, when that was the easiest way of dealing with her leaving. Personally, I'm glad, because it brought on Nichole de Boer, who was one of the few bright spots on Sci-Fi's Mission Genesis.

Jason

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Now I know it's probably not the same thing but did anyone else pick up on this:

TMoS = The Movie Set

Okay, I'll be quiet now... :D

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there's anything to worry about. JMS is likely guestimating based on the current state of negotiations, gag orders from WB, etc. He won't get the go ahead to announce it until WB says so. If the project does fall apart, then I'll bet you hear about it. For now, no news is likely good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks