What's new

B&K AVR 507. Who's got one? (1 Viewer)

Joe

Stunt Coordinator
Do you, present or past 507 owners(not Ref 50 w/amp), have the so called "whine" sound coming from your receiver? Also, regardless if you have this issue, what speakers do you have connected to it?

I'm really close to getting one so I'd like to know if it is going to be a mistake. Thanks.

Armand G

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Joe,

I don't own one, but there is a special forum for flagship receivers. Check it out:

Link Removed

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
That's a cool receiver forum; thanks Armand :emoji_thumbsup:

I have a 507 that I've been gushing over in my own thread around here :D I use M&K S125s for fronts, a S100B for center, an MX150IITHX sub, and two pairs of SS150 tripoles for surrounds. It sounds incredible!

As for the whine, I only hear a bit of processor whine thru one of the surround speakers but not when the unit is actually playing anything. The whine level is VERY low and you have to stand next to the speaker to hear it. I wouldn't let this stop you from getting such a fine receiver, though.

For me, the whine is a non-issue since it's not there when it counts; during operation.

Cheers,
Dan

Aristides

Agent
For the asking price of that piece, I would be extremely dissapointed if it "whined" at all.

I'm getting an ocasional audible whine from my Denon 3300, which I plan on getting looked at soon.

Peace,
Aristides

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks