What's new

B&K 307 won't read Sony 400-CD/MP3 players MP3 files! (1 Viewer)

Matt_ES

Agent
You've read the title, you know what I'm working with.
The 307 is probably a 2001 model, right before MP3 disc readers came into fruition.

I just hooked up my 400 Disc Jukebox via the optical link, and the receiver plays the Audio CD's just great.

But, none of the MP3 discs are recognized. The player, naturally, plays the times, and if I hook up the RCA analog patches, those only work when I disconnect the Toslink.

Is this receiver not capable of reading the MP3 signal?
I can't believe it's not converted already by the CD Player!?!

I don't think it's a software/firmware upgrade problem.
I believe the 307 (which is the best used deal out there at $1300-ish, btw....it's a 'music first' built machine that just happens to have great 150/7.1 capabilities as well!)
may not have the capabilities to take a MP3 signal via Optic!

Which also makes me suspect that it won't read a SliMP3 box either!

Can anyone confirm these theories?

Thanks!
-matt

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator
I had a Sony megachanger that did the EXACT SAME THING. I returned it to the Sony Outlet for a full refund. It's a known defect with the Sony. Sucks.

Matt_ES

Agent
So did they fix this problem? Or are they just going to sell out what they have?

Is there another name out there that holds 400 discs for the same price or close?

Now that I just spent 4 goddamn days perfecting my Excel sheet!#*@&!

Matt_ES

Agent
I called my guy at the store I bought it at, and said what you all said. I proposed to bring it in for a credit for, (get this) .....Sony DVP-CX985V 400 Disc SACD DVD Changer.

They have it for $400, which means you guys can find it for $300 on Ebay!

I hope it doesn't do the same thing as this one, but I think it's a bit newer, and I'll test it this time.

Isn't SACD better than DVD-A?

Anyone know the difference?
Hmmm. I think I'll start a new topic.
Thanks to all.

-matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks