What's new

B.J. AND THE BEAR (1 Viewer)

qwerty

Auditioning
Neil Brock said:
I am not saying that prints exist. I am saying that Universal is not going to go back and transfer from film because of the costs involved. At 7K an episode they aren't going to spend the money so it they don't already have a tape transfer then forget it.
7k per episode, they are rip-off artists, when most legit places woud transfer 35mm print to glass masters (and add some fixing up the prinst if needed) at 4 grand per episode

qwerty

Auditioning
banjo78 said:
I gave my word that I wouldn't say anything yet, so I may have said too much already. All I will say is when I asked them of the rumor of BJ rights/masters they said yes they are going for it. I will post any updates when I hear them.
Let's hope they can seal the deal!
Also tell them people want to see - The Misadventues of Sheriff Lobo - & - Lobo - on DVD and Blu-Ray too

qwerty

Auditioning
Neil Brock said:
I am not saying that prints exist. I am saying that Universal is not going to go back and transfer from film because of the costs involved. At 7K an episode they aren't going to spend the money so it they don't already have a tape transfer then forget it.
Also tell them people want to see - The Misadventues of Sheriff Lobo - & - Lobo - on dvd also

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
oo290 said:
your source is an idiot - 99% of the songs in the show were COVER versions not the original releases and they are wrong on wich cuts exist, the original tv versions do exist.
Songs have to be cleared with the publishers and it doesn't matter one iota if they are cover versions or not. But my source is the idiot. Pot, meet kettle.

qwerty

Auditioning
Neil Brock said:
Songs have to be cleared with the publishers and it doesn't matter one iota if they are cover versions or not. But my source is the idiot. Pot, meet kettle.
That is only true if they use same beat and key and octaves - if they are off even 1 of each then they do not have to clear it with the publisher GENIUS - I know this for fact because I have been involved in the production of a CD made of cover songs.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
qwerty said:
That is only true if they use same beat and key and octaves - if they are off even 1 of each then they do not have to clear it with the publisher GENIUS - I know this for fact because I have been involved in the production of a CD made of cover songs.
So you say one thing and the person who is in charge of Universal licensing and clearances tells me something else. I must be an idiot that I actually am listening to him and not you.

qwerty

Auditioning
Neil Brock said:
So you say one thing and the person who is in charge of Universal licensing and clearances tells me something else. I must be an idiot that I actually am listening to him and not you.
That person is an idiot because, he is in the long lines of corporate zombies, who did not see the need to save deleted scenes ad etc for future use an he does not know the law to cover songs. So in a nutshell he is a cluess executive who is pathetic in his job.

banjo78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
CharlieBravo
Just an update.
My source has descibed this pursuit as an ongoing nightmare!! Universal has 16mm masters, they are inter-neg??? He says it is do-able but expensive. They are getting one sent to them for a test and a budget. Let's hope Universal dont put it out out of reach money wise.
Will update when I hear anything new

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Neil Brock said:
Is there anybody in the world smarter, or better than you? Wow-- great info!

oldtvfan

Auditioning
Real Name
ed
Neil Brock said:
him like all excutives are cluless dolts.

oldtvfan

Auditioning
Real Name
ed
banjo78 said:
Just an update.
My source has descibed this pursuit as an ongoing nightmare!! Universal has 16mm masters, they are inter-neg??? He says it is do-able but expensive. They are getting one sent to them for a test and a budget. Let's hope Universal dont put it out out of reach money wise.
So Universal is SCREWING them and not letting them access to the negatives ?

oldtvfan

Auditioning
Real Name
ed
banjo78 said:
Just an update.
So Universal is cheating them by not letting the have the negatiives ?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
boco said:
ANY news ?
Also Sheriff LOBO too
At least, Lobo has been in syndication in recent years, so it could easily be released "on the cheap" without remastering, if they're squeezing pennies. That would be better than nothing (assuming, of course, there's an unedited, non-time-compressed set of video masters--they usually have both edited/compressed and unedited, but who knows for sure).
Lobo probably wouldn't have as much in the way of copyrighted music to clear, either.

sako0099

Auditioning
Real Name
Hansen
banjo78 said:
Just an update.
ANY UPDATE ? AN IT IS PATHETIC THE CURRENT LOWLIFES RUNNING UNIVERSAL DO NOT WANT THEM TO USE THE ORIGINAL NEGATIVES

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Maybe B.J. will see the light of day. There were actually three episodes in the B.J./Lobo crossover; the first one was on B.J. and the other two were on Lobo. I can remember as a kid seeing it advertised and wanting so bad to see it but we always went to town on Saturday night and somehow I missed it. Of course VCR's weren't cheap then so we didn't have one where I could tape it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks