What's new

Axioms VS Swans Divias (1 Viewer)

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Go for the divas if you want great sound in your ht. Go for the axiom if you want great sound on a budget. You can't go wrong with either.;)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I believe he was comparing how they look compared with Revel and other high end speakers. Obviously they don't compete in the sound category. In the looks category though I think that it does compete with high end speakers very easily.

James Elvick

Supporting Actor
I received my Diva setup yesterday and am very impressed. I'm "side-grading" from Paradigm Reference and the Diva's are very impressive. Smooth full sound from the 6.1's and they are not even broken in. Not as bright as the Paradigm's although they did mellow with break in too. More to come...

James

PomingF

Second Unit
John, while I agree with you the Diva 6.1 can't compete with the top dogs of these brands but at the same price points, the Diva's are very comparable to equivalent Paradigm, B&W & probably Revel models.

PF

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I would disagree, the Diva's are very far from being up there with Revel.
I was referring to cabinet construction John. Obviously the Divas are not in the same category with speakers like the Revel Ultima line, but I think they compare very favorably with some of the Performa stuff.

As for sound, I did have a chance to listen to a pair of M20s with the Rotel RSP-1066 and came away unimpressed. They sounded a bit flat and rolled off on the high end. Granted this wasn't an in-depth listening session, but from what I did hear they didn't do it for me.

JohnRuggiero

Agent
I Have the Axiom M80ti, VP-150 and QS8's and they are incredible, the dbs levels you can obtain with them has blown everyone away that I played them for. the biggest plus is the louder they go the clearer they get. The bass
tremble and midrange are all wonderful. Maybe the Diva's
can compete with the M-22's or even the M40 or M60's but none of the Diva's can even stay in the same room with the Axiom M80's.

Walt N

Second Unit
"Maybe the Diva's can compete with the M-22's or even the M40 or M60's but none of the Diva's can even stay in the same room with the Axiom M80's."

I won't guess how you determined this (same room?, A/B level matched?) but I assure you that even with a mid-range quality receiver the Diva's will play as loud as you can stand it without noticable compression. I've owned three different Klipsch series speakers over the years that would peel the paint off the walls so I know "loud", but for some of us that isn't the primary design goal of a loudspeaker. The Diva's do "loud", yes, and they do it very cleanly. They also do it with a superb and natural tonal balance.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I agree that the Diva 6.1 can easily compete with Revel's Performa series, I was thinking or Revel's higher end speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks