What's new

Awesome customer service from Cat Cables!! (1 Viewer)

ScottA

Auditioning
The other day at 4:30 P.M. Central time I called Cat Cables directly to see if they would give me a discount on a large order (@$1000; large to me anyway). To my surprise the owner Doug answered. He said to e-mail him what I needed and he would give me a quote. BTW another self-named "better" cable company refused to do so.
I finally got around to completing the order at 6:55 P.M. (which was 7:55 in his time zone; E.T.) and e-mailed it to him thinking he would read it the next day. I was pleasantly surprised once again when I received a response at 8:01 (9:01 E.T.) from Doug. He agreed to not only give me a nice discount but to also upgrade my connectors and reduce the shipping charges slightly. He just needed a confirmation from me and he could start the order.
At 8:20 P.M. (9:20 E.T.) I confirmed the order. Doug then took the time at 10:00 P.M.(E.T.) to send me an e-mail stating that I didn't indicate what length I needed one of the cables to be and pointed out a few other details he needed to know.
To make a long story short Doug finally ended up responding to me as late as 1:51 A.M.(E.T.) in order to get the details ironed out! He could have just waited until the next day to respond to any of my responses. I even pointed that out early on.
How many other businesses have you ever heard of that would give that level of customer service! Not to mention the personal touch of dealing with the technician/owner directly.
Needless to say I was thoroughly impressed! Plus I am getting top quality 99.99% silver cables for less than I would pay for silver COATED cables.
Scott
:emoji_thumbsup:

bruce townley

Stunt Coordinator
I have to tell you that I had the exact same experience with Doug. I am fairly quick at getting back on e-mail, but he ALWAYS had responded before I had a chance to review e-mail.
Wait until you get the cables. Very transparent. Without a doubt, I will return in the future.

ScottA

Auditioning
Bruce,

I am not surprised to hear that others have had similar experiences! If the cables are half as good as the service, then I too will be a loyal customer.

Scott

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
I have yet to do business with Cat Cables, but ..... what can I possibly add ? .... kudos, perhaps, as your experience with them is impressive.

True hands on.

BOK

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Same experience here. I bought his component cables awhile back. They rock! Build quality and performance are killer. Wanted to upgrade a couple other cables, so I asked if he could do a rca to 1/4" connector for my Samson s700 amp. Ended up getting into a couple 'email conversations' with him late at night.
Needless to say, I'm a happy customer. :)

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I am a loyal "Doug" customer as well.

Last order was for a set of CATalinas running from my fake pre/pro, aka receiver, to my amps.

ScottA

Auditioning
Chu,

I got a little bit of everything. I will be receiving a new plasma screen and new stereo system any day so I figured I shouldn't scrimp on cables.

I ordered a component RCA to BNC cable, a couple s-video cables, 7 balanced XLR connectors, a subwoofer cable, and 2 audio cables.

I'm sure I could have saved some money on the XLR's by using a cheaper wire. But after going with top quality cables everywhere else I just couldn't stand the thought of anything less. I guess I can be a little anal sometimes!

I realize there is a lot of debate about whether there is any improvement in performance with the more expensive cables over the plain-jane cables. I have to say I can definitely tell a difference.

Scott

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
My experience was identical. I got an entire cable set for everything I have (sans speaker wire).

about $1900 worth of stuff.

Then, after I'd had everything for a few weeks, I managed to stress my 4m long component video cable when I was moving my TV back into place I stretched it enough to break the wire.

he accepted the cable back, reworked it, and made it good as new no charge.

My kind of service.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see others are getting the same treatment I have. Now you guys know why I suggest CatCables when someone asks what to buy. Given the wide range of products and pricepoints he has there should be something for most budgets.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Another CatCables fan here. The selection, build quality, and customer service is hard to beat. I use Silvercats for my SACD signal path and they sound wonderful. I also use the Tigress component video cable, and Bluetigers in my LFE path, including a custom-built RCA-to-XLR cable. Last but not least, my Cubicle Tubicle system at work uses 3-meter Catalinas. I love 'em all!

KJP

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Gotta love the cat! I own three pairs of Silvercats and bought seven Supernova IC's from Doug's sister company that I'm using between my amps and Rotel 1066 and could not be happier...
Rumor has it Doug is working on a new speaker cable for Cat...and that will be my next purchase. Best service and cable for your buck in my book! :D
E

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
I am very impressed with CatCable brand Silver Cats.
Great build quality and workmanship with high quality materials and connectors.
The service is great as well as communications.
Doug always ensures his customers are treated with respect and he takes the extra effort to ensure that
he is meeting and exceeding your expectations.
I will always buy my Cables from the Catman..
They make my system Purrr....:D

Well, sorry to beat a dead horse here, but so far I've been impressed by Doug as well. I've seen several of his products, and you can see the quality in them. I'm working with Doug now on a different project, and he's been very helpful so far, giving personal time and attention.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I'm absolutely sure these testimonials are genuine, fair and honest. But I urge those of the posters who happen to have other relations to CatCable and/or its owner than being a customer alone, to clearly state so.
That would give our readers a fair chance to fully judge the merits of this thread for themselves.
Those concerned know what I'm referring to.
Thank you for being mature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks