What's new

AVR-E300 HDMI to PC (1 Viewer)

Adam Brewer

Auditioning
I just picked up a Denon AVR-E300 and so far its been pretty amazing but ive run into a little snag setting it up.

Im trying to connect my computer to the HDMI ports but all i get is a black screen saying no video. Am i missing somthing? Ive already done a hard reset on the Receiver.
Ive tried multiple computers they all work fine on my Onkyo. Works fine connecting directly to the tv.

Anyone have an insights that i might be missing.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm stumped. In the old days this might be a matter of not being set to auto-sense. Or set to the wrong resolution, but I've got to believe that's not necessary anymore.

Adam Brewer

Auditioning
Yes. i did all those super basic things. Turned out i had to do a firmware update on the Denon and scale the resolution to max befor it reads it. The receiver wont see the post screen of the computer which i find kinda silly, my onkyo does. At least its working now once it hits windows.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That makes no sense. "Through" doesn't do anything to the resolution. So forcing 1080P to make it work is...odd.Welcome to HDCP and handshake issues.I have a Pioneer DV420 That is "blessed" with auto HDMI. There is no manual set up.Everytime you made any changes to the theatre, you had to perform a seance, rain dance or break out the Ouija board...

Adam Brewer

Auditioning
I agree it doesnt make much sense. My ONKYO TX-NR509 Works like a champ for this, just plugged it in and it works.
I figured a newer receiver would have less issues. its set to 1920x1080 and working currently. Their tech support was pretty pitiful, all they said was somtimes it works somtimes it doesnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks