What's new

Avr 1802 made in Korea. Where was yours made in? (1 Viewer)

Cagri

Second Unit
I bought a 1802 yesterday to replace my kenwood vr505. Reviews I have been reading here was the main factor of why I chose the denon1802. I haven't been able to listen to it since it took almost 4 hours to unhook the kenwood, reorganizeing the cable jungle and terminating the cables and hooking up the 1802, and it was too late to do any listening. I just played a couple of songs, very low volume, and I was still impressed!

Main thing that I noticed when I opened the box last night was; the unit is made in Korea. I remember reading many posts saying that this unit is built like a tank... Well, mine isn't. It is heavy, yes, and looks solid but many of the input jacks at the back are kind of loose and moving when touched. Binding posts are not very solid as well, and the plastic looks cheap, and when hooking the interconnects, especially the tight radioshack ones, I thought the back panel would literally bend inwards.

I don't know if I am being overly critical on this, but actually my el-very-cheapo kenwood's input jacks are more solid.

I wonder if every 1802 owner observed the same or is it just me ?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well you can always tighten up the jacks, apply a contact cleaner/lubricant/conductive liquid like from Caig, and look towards putting the RCA's on with a back and forth twisting motion. RCA's are often skimped on and not just by main-stream manufacturers, but also companies selling stuff far more expensive. It's a very cost-concious world out there.

Cagri

Second Unit
I just hooked everything as they are, and have no intention to enter into that cable mess for -hopefully- a long time!

By the way, I am afraid I'll have some questions about this new baby. Most of them must have been covered, but I couldn't find anything in the search function about the input attenuation for analog sources, nor the manual says anything about it. How do I adjust the input signal level for the analog sources, can a 1802 owner help me please?

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I believe anything the 1802/3 and under are made in Korea. The rest(ie 2802/3 and up)are made in Japan. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Cagri

Second Unit
Any 1802 owners out there to provide some information about the input level adjustment for the analog sources? Or there is no such setting on this receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks