What's new

Aviator 3 Disc in DTS (1 Viewer)

Les Fowler

Grip
Martin Scorsese's The Aviator is being advertised at yesasia and cd-wow in a 3 disc set with dts . My region 1 dolby digital 2 disc will soon become a coaster ! Serves my right for not waiting.

Runar_R

Second Unit
Be aware that the movie is split over 2 discs.....
That's the price you pay for full-rate DTS I guess

CraigL

Screenwriter
Yeah. ZERO point in getting this movie if it's split. It's not one that screams for DTS.

Les Fowler

Grip
Ya it's a bit of a pain having the film split on 2 discs. I was disapointed in the rooftop crash on the dolby track. In the theater it shook the walls. Im still not sure if I'll allow my self to be double dipped on this one ?

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I found the DD track on the R1 to be superb. The crash scene alone is near demo quality. It doenst have to be earth shakin to be a great track, but the sound design and detail is very well done in this mix, and its another fine job by WB.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Can anyone comment on the PQ between the R3 & R1. Also is the 3rd disc the same as the 2nd disc in R1?

Les Fowler

Grip
It looks like the extras are mostly the same with maybe a minor diff of an item or two, plus the R3 has a paper airplane cutout. As for the PQ, my Warner Bros. R3 of TROY was excelent , so it's a good bet this one will be too!

Les Fowler

Grip
I don't mind switching discs on a 3 hour movie. Gives me time to go to the "can" and get another beer, but ya it's to each there own.

greg_t

Screenwriter
Most folks can't sit through a three hour movie anyway without a break, so I don't have any issue with side breaks. If the video and audio quality are improved as a result of being spread over two discs, it's worth a side change.

Jace_A

Second Unit
If it's anything like the side=break on the R3 DVD of Alexander, I'll pass. It was right in the middle of dialogue. Seems a pointless release to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks