What's new

Average Joe (merged) (1 Viewer)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Has anyone seen the promos for this Reality/Dating show where they hook up a young woman with some average to below average joes? I think this will be a slow motion prime-time car wreck, any thoughts?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I hope that the "reality" show trend will end soon. I have not watched any of these shows and I don't really see what is entertaining about them.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

So you can't see what is entertaining about them... could that be because you haven't watched any of them? :D

I like "reality" shows, but I'm sick of the dating shows.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the preview for this show, and thought it was a joke at first. Take one stuck up female and throw her in a surpise dating show with a bunch of over-weight and ugly guys.

It could be an entertaining concept...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm probably at least going to check it out. I love the shot of the woman's quick shift of disdain to polite smile in the promotionals.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Revenge of the Nerds meets reality TV. Gotta love it!

It premieres tonight at 10 p.m. EST on NBC.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Man, if those are "average joes" I better haul buns to Hollywood! LOL! Looks a little "set up" to me, with the shot of the guy getting hit with the tennis ball; looked a little too fake.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just read an article in the newspaper that said the girl walked away from the house when she first saw the guys. But, came back after a little bit. The producers also had a backup girl ready to go if she walked for good.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
most of these guys are not average joes they are complete dorks.
they may be nice guys and all, but 100% dorks.

what knid of lighting are they using?
most of these guys look like their faces are covered in red make-up.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
It actually turned out to be pretty entertaining. Some of their comments were priceless. Although it is hard to tell if I'm laughing at them or with them. Probably a mix of both. How cruel to bring out the hot guy first to say "here come your 16 guys".

The odd thing about this show is that the 'based on personality and not on looks' is only going one way. Nearly every guy said 'oh she is perfect' or 'I could spend the rest of my life with her' all based on her looks alone.

I have a feeling the twist is going to be that they bring in 8 hot guys into the mix to compete with the rest after they started making some headway or connections.

What was with the Baywatch beach moments every time they went back to the girl?

Tony, I noticed the same thing with the red. It looked like half those guys had sunburns on their faces, that or the worst makeup jobs ever.

Favorite line(s)
"Oh my god, she is soooo my type."
"Do you like broccoli?" "I don't like the green vegitables". WTF

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Nothing like a mean-spirited reality show! It was hilarious, my wife and I laughed out loud several times. But seeing some of these drooling dorks in HD was almost too painful to watch. I think the red marks on some of the guys was sunburn from that first day they "partied".

I liked when the New York jerk smashed the egg on the 5' 4" dork's head. Must have been a serious high school flashback for that poor dude.

To the girl's credit, she eliminated a couple of the better looking guys, and kept the ugliest, fattest ones.

- Jack

P.S. Why is M. Night Shamalan on this show?

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

I'm thinking the good looking guy from the beginning of the episode will be back in a later one.

As for the red faces, I think some of them had a few too many to drink, I have a few friends who get red in the face after a few.

She seems to be a very good sport about this whole thing, hopefully she is being genuine. I was also cracking up at the guys saying they could get into her, of course you could!

JamieD

Supporting Actor
The concept of this show in particular disturbs me. I really don't like the concept, but I guess if she's pleased about doing it, whatever.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I thought this was hilarious. I noticed the bad lighting/makeup/camera work as well. Even she had some redness in the face at times and I noticed some lights/shadows moving from time to time. Looks like they are using a lower budget than the Bachelor, thats for sure.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
These guys are priceless. I think they need to take it to the extreme by embarassing the shit out of some of them.

The dude doing everyone's laundry is over the top. What a dork.

A bit of foreshadowing at the end leads me to believe this group of 16 "buddies" will not last forever.:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There's too much "coverage" in this show to take it seriously (in terms of camera angles and being able to capture people's reactions to situations). I suspect a lot of it is scripted, just the feel I get.

I did find some good LOL bits in the show, and some predictable stuff (like Zach picking on the short guy and broke an egg on his head).

At least Malena give a valiant effort in her first night meeting the guys. I can't blame her for taking some time after the initial shock of meeting guys out of her league, and re-composing herself for the rest of the evening.

Kathy Griffin needs to go. Ugh. I'm glad I'm recording this show, and not watching it in HD.

I felt bad for the diving board at the pool. Whew...

Malena must be making some money for simply showing up for this show. I did notice that the fine print at the end of the credits admitted that some of the contestants had been paid to appear on the show.

It would be cruel if they brought in some "better looking" contestants to make the average joe's feel bad, and to tempt Malena in the event she makes a connection with the average joe's, but behind door #3, she can have a better looking guy, setting up the choice between looks on the outside, and personality/heart/etc. on the inside.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
But seeing some of these drooling dorks in HD was almost too painful to watch.
I don't believe this show is in HD. At least it's not listed as such and it was not HD on my NBC station last night.

As for the show, I found it entertaining. I'll keep watching.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This dating show actually caught my interest even after the first few minutes, most likely because I could easily have been in that group of not so greatlooking guys. :D

I loved it when they had the good-looking guy come in the limo first, and then the guys in the bus afterwards. :) Some of the guys seemed pretty nervous, like the guy who could barely say where he was from. Of course, she didn't seem too pleased with the situation right then, her facial expression seemed more like "OK, where are the REAL guys?" She did seem to enjoy herself at the party though.

The egg-head incident was rather painful though... like someone mentioned above, that must have been a serious high school flashback for at least some of the guys. :)

Haha, he did look like him a bit yeah. That guy creeped me out, and what was that moronic discussion about vegetables?

The redness in the faces (Malena had some of that too) was annoying, I hope they fix that later on. It didn't really seem like sunburn to me, but who knows.

If the twist is that they'll bring in some better-looking dudes, that'd be pretty cool actually. Cruel, perhaps, but cool. :)

Malena reminded me a bit of Carmen Electra, by the way.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I concur on the creepiness of Tareq. The way he was standing back and quietly judging everyone, then making it worse with his cheesy lines and awkward conversation...ugh.

My favorite so far is the 5'4" guy. The bully needs to get booted soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks