What's new

Average Joe: Hawaii (on-going thread) (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Now that was classic. She ditches safe bet Brian and goes with mysterious Gil, only to be denied and goes home alone. I find there to be poetic justice in that she was cutting guys right and left in this show and she herself was the final cut. Brians better off for it since he couldn't hang in her world if his life depended on it, and that's not a knock on him, just something that would kill the relationship instantly. My question is who in the world falls in love with a reality dating show contestant and tells them. He shot himself in the foot with that move.

As for Gil, my girlfriend didn't see his point but her roommate did about Fabio. I was inclined to agree with him also. Besides, he had an "easy come, easy go" attitude about her anyway.

Anyone else think this new Average Joe with the guy cut from season 1 seemed a little ridiculous. All it looked like he had to choose from were good looking women from the little clips on the commercial. Seems to defeat the shows niche and makes it a Bachelor copycat. Hopefully they will do something interesting with it.

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
I was hoping Larissa would pick Boston Brian. She picked Gil and then got dumped because Gil couldn't understand why she dated Fabio before????

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I knew as soon as I saw their first kiss on the home date that Brian was going home. Every kiss they did always looked awkward and like she was just putting up with it. No connection there. He did move her with words, but any book of poems can do that too.

Did Gil ever smile while on this show? During this entire episode, at least, he never cracked a smile even after he was chosen. He just said "I'm so happy" in a very stern face.

I think he overreacted to the Fabio thing. Who cares? Is she with him now? Hell she probably has some good dirt on him.

So...ummm anyone have her number? :D

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
I knew it had to be Gil because there was zero chemistry between her and Brian. All I kept thinking when they were having that dinner was "He's gonna be so devastated when she doesn't pick him." In my opinion there were no winners here. I mean Gil had no personality. Did he even smile once in any of the shows? And the Fabio thing?? Lighten up dude. What a waste.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I was really thinking (hoping) she would pick Brian and I still think he would have made a better match for her if they would both have given it some time, but he killed his chances with im telling her how he loved her. Maybe if he said something like, I have these feelings for you and I would like to see how they might develop over the next few months over some real dating or whatever but she got scared off by him loving her. I also noticed the awkward kisses but figured maybe it was because the cameras were on them.

Now, I'm not sure what the dates with Gil were really like but they certainly edited the show to make her look bad, bad, bad.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
I think Gil's reaction the the Fabio "revelation" was just a convenient excuse for him to cut Larissa loose. He wasn't interested after their weekend in Mexico and got an easy out.

Been there, done that.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad she didn't pick Brian. Better dropping him then than giving him a couple more weeks of hope and THEN dropping him. He was just way too emotional for her at this stage, and there didn't seem to be any chemistry between them at all. If she was looking for something long-term, I think it could have worked out, but this show doesn't seem to be the right place for that.

That said, Gil didn't seem interested in her at all. His answer to the question about what he was hoping to get out of the show (an acting career) was pretty funny. :D Whenever he talked about Larissa and him it sounded as he was talking about a business deal.

I'm willing to bet that he intentionally overreacted to the Fabio news just so he could use it as a reason to drop Larissa and make her feel guilty about it, as if she had "betrayed" him or something. I have no other explanation for his reaction. EDIT: I see Dave Gilbert wrote the same thing above now. :)

He said something like "every guy in America knows how I'm feeling"... eh.... I didn't. The only thing I'd have a hard time with would be knowing that my puny little Kenwood receiver can't live up to Fabio's stereo system. :D

I liked the way it ended though, all 3 of them single again... :D

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I never understood (chemistry wise) why Brian was the last AJ standing. He had even less of a chance than last season's runner up w/Melena (sp?). I'm just glad they didn't bring Brian back after she got dumped by Gil.

Fabio? Big whoop. Yes, Gil needs to lighten up if that was his hang up. Although I could see it as a convenient excuse to bail. He was over dramatic regardless. Drama queen!

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Hey, let's stop making fun of Fabio. Apparently he is extremely knowledgable about home theater equipment and has an over $100k setup. I read an article where he admits to a bad case of "upgradidis" (getting new equipment even if it's not needed) and spends too much time with his equipment. At least he's not one of those stars who just hires someone to select equiment for them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw an article about Fabio's HT/audio gear a few years ago as well.

"Impressive...most impressive."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I have an episode of the Swedish show "High Chaparall" (no idea why they called it that) on the computer, and the two hosts spent a couple of days with Fabio. He seemed like a great guy, and his audio equipment was pretty spectacular (and the listening rooms were pretty much completely unfurnished :)). He seemed like an intelligent, fairly down-to-earth guy mostly interested in hi-fi and off-road motorcycles... :)

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
From everything I've ever heard/read about Fabio, he seems really cool and down to earth. He's kind of cheesy, a bit of a dork, and he doesn't take himself too seriously -- Like a perfect combo of the Average Joes and the Hunks. In Gil's shoes, my only hesitation about Larissa's secret would be that Fabio is like 20 years her senior. But that's got nothing to do with the fact that it was Fabio.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I'm going to be crass and rude (apologizing in advance):

I would've at least banged the shit out of her before kicking her to the curb....!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Apparently they were on the today show this morning together. They were holding hands and they are together. He said it just looked like he left her because he had to leave anyway when she told him. He said he was originally upset but put it aside. They talk on the phone every day and see each other as often as the can. So he isnt as stupid as we all thought.

I read that at another forum, but didn't see the show.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Damn...

I was really rooting for Brian..

He sure beat that dead horse into the ground about never having felt anything before and how much love was in his "haaaaht".. Who wouldn't be freaked out?

But he had alot of other nice qualities.. If he could learn to kiss and quit with the sappy dialogue, he'd have a chance..

Too bad, though..

That Gill is a moron.. Who gives a crap who she dated?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks