What's new

Average Joe: Hawaii (on-going thread) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Boy, Mike C sure did step in it this time, not much chance of sweet-talking his way out of that. Thank God for the hidden cameras, otherwise I'm not sure Larissa would have ever seen through him. I can't believe she actually thought he was one of the more sincere guys.

Next week's ep looks pretty cruel, looks like Fredo is going to learn something that we've known for several weeks: the good-looking guys are getting all the action.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Heh, yeah he's a jerk, but Mike C was what made the last couple shows interesting, watching him squirm out of near impossible situations like a reality show Houdini.

Ah well... Fredo in a submarine? WTF? Will he have a torpedo to launch at them?

There's seems to be only one guy left of the four that Larissa really finds attractive (the blonde guy who was the chaffuer at the beginning, can't even remember his name). She seems to like all the other guys, but goes ga-ga over him. Can't fight biology I guess...

- Jack

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I never would have thought that out of the Joes, Fredo and Bwoston guy would be the final two.

I'm thinking next week, Fredo takes himself out of the contest, or he confronts Larissa and she ends up keeping him for the final two. Then blonde guy for the other spot.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky

Yup, that's how the wife and I think is going all the way, pun intended, with Larissa..

Always good to see more Ukrainians on TV..

I think Fredo's going to tear the new guy up, but won't make the same mistake as the other new guy ( I really have to start paying attention to these new guy's names :) ) and rat him out to Larissa..

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
ok, I'm not telling you again class. :D
pretty boy that drove up in limo ep.1 = Jim
Blonde pretty boy = Gil
Bawston = Brian
pony tailed contractor = Fredo

I love how Fredo is talking about how Jim is saying that he's a pilot when he actually serves drinks at Chilis :D
I wonder if Fredo knows that even waiters can have a pilot's license.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Looks like I was right, Fredo took himself out. He was gone anyway, but that was an interesting subride. :D

Jim, OMG I about fell off my couch when he said "I hate when people stereotype me as a dumb guy" then Larissa followed up with "So how do you see yourself" and he answered "I don't know." Just perfect. :emoji_thumbsup:

So who do you think wrote Larissa the Wizard of Oz analogies?

First hometown date was Jim and it did reveal that there was nothing to him. A bachelor that gets by on his looks, that's it. And FINALLY Larissa saw that, and smelled it in his bedroom couresy of the dog. :)

So down to two, Brian and Gil. I think it will be a tough call. Both have a good shot, more so than last season. Will she go for the Tinman (looks) or the Lion (heart and depth). And what do you think her little secret is? My guess is that she was married.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I know the Star had an article last week that said she once lived with Fabio. Yes the Fabio of the mane of hair fame.

"It is not butter" :D

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
sad to say but the first thought that popped into my mind when I heard she had a big secret was genital herpes. dunno why... anyways I hope Brian wins he has been my favorite joe.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Or had a dingleberry! :D

Damn Jim was a dum-dum. Can't remember the last book he read...without a reading tutor, most likely!

Brian's styling has gotten much better since his comb-forward hair-don't. Given the 2 choices, I think Larissa will actually pick Brian, but she isn't as sexually attracted to any of the Averages Joes as she is to the Beefcake Brigade.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I wonder why Jim didn't try and clean up and fix his (or their, there were roommates I think) place before she came to visit? Or... maybe that WAS the cleaned-up place. :) No bed sheets? A blow-up dull in the kitchen?

I loved how Larissa realized that what seemed "mysterious" about him was actually just lack of personality. Two female co-workers of mine said that they still might be tempted to go up and check out the Chili's restaurants up in Scottsdale. :D

Is Jim actually a pilot, or is he a pilot in the same sense that George Costanza was an architect?

That submarine thing with Fredo spying on them was hilarious! I loved that they do weird stuff like that and the bomb on this show.

I understand why Fredo left. After having a date with Larissa where she seemed to be one person, and then seeing her act like a completely different person on another date is probably not the most attractive thing in the world. Too bad, because Fredo was the only one left that seemed interesting.

Why was the send-off of Jim done in the hangar, and with only him there?

I think her secret is that
she's not attracted to either of the two finalists, but chose them because it made for good TV.
. :)

/Mike

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit

That's exactly what my wife said!

I also think that the "secret" is that she was married before. I think that Jim's apartment perfectly reflected his personality - a blank slate.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I thought the Scottsdale segment was perfectly edited. It made Jim look like the dumbest person since...well, the dumbest ever. I loved when she asked him where he he flys around here. "Uhh, around" :D
Or this meaningful exchange,
Jim - "You can't just ask me all these questions"
Larissa - "Why Not?"
Jim - "Duhhhhhhh..."
:laugh:

Although, Jim has to be given credit for that wicked 51" widescreen TV. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member