Tony D.
Originally Posted by JonZ
Avengers Assemble

ea338ee7_121ir.jpg
What's that supposed to be?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
If you really want to know...

Supposedly the Skrulls, though Loki may be involved too.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
You know,i'm sooooooo waiting for this.
It seems to me that,budget willing of course,this will be visually orgasmic in terms of effects.
And hopefully,every character will get a chance in the limelight and not end up like an afterthought.
But if the budget isn't on par with the material,then they're just playing Roger Corman's big brother.And we all know how that works out.I'm not
saying this is a bad thing,i was raised on Corman movies.Just saying they're two different beasts.
Maybe not this time as this is the first film to establish the setup of the franchise,but i sincerely wish they'd eventually
put some gigantic crater rock monster tearing the streets apart as ant-size Avengers fly and jump around,like i've seen
on all those comic books of my childhood.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Yes,yes it is.Number 1 of course.
but i should've said more along the lines of any giant-sized being from another galaxy,portal or dimension.
See this very nice gallery of Avengers covers
# 103 (Sentinels )
#129 (Kang the conqueror )
#180 (the monolith )
# 198 (Red ronin )
http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/avengers/3

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168113-samuel-l-jackson-offers-avengers-update
Samuel L. Jackson is set to reprise his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Nick Fury in next summer's The Avengers and dropped a few hints to BBC Newsbeat about what fans can expect from his performance.
"I'm actually doing more than I've done in any of the other films," he says, "You don't have to wait until the end of the movie to see me. I'm actually around the whole movie and I do a lot more. I have action scenes and I actually do things to people in this movie."
Jackson goes to on to say that the entire production has been a dream job and that he couldn't be happier sharing the stage with his fellow cast members.
"We're all really good friends," he says, "It's kind of funny to stand around in a room and see everybody. Thor is standing there in his costume. Captain America. Sometime's he's dressed and sometimes he's not. Scarlett [Johansson] is there as Black Widow. Robert Downey is there. He very seldom has his Iron Man costume on when he's just hanging around with his buds. It's just amazing to look around the room and see all of those guys there and go, 'Okay. This is cool.'"
Can't wait

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Just saw Captain America a few days ago and i was thinking if the writers do a good job,then the exchanges between
boy scout Captain and smart mouth Iron man should be fun to watch.
And Spidey should definitely have a cameo crossover and help in the battles.
So Sam Jackson does things to people in this one ?
Big Kahuna burger ? That's some tasty burger there Loki ! :D

Brian Sheffield

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Unfortunately, Sony has the rights to Spider-man so they will not me able to even reference his existence in paramount/disney's Avenger movie.
It would be cool though.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I'm sure if we're nice and send broads to the right people,it can be done.
And if that don't work,we'll just send those nice Sin City girls to convince them.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2028090/The-Avengers-Chris-Evans-Chris-Hemsworth-bring-double-dose-superhero-power-Captain-America-Thor.html

6a5339cf_avengers002.jpeg

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
That last photo has me giggidy-ing like Glen Quagmire.
It"s the only thought that's going through my mind at this point.
If they can visually make this happen with all the combined heroes on the screen,but not too much a la Armegeddon,where you couldnt really see who was getting pelted by asteroids,or
the first Transformers where you were way too close to the action that you didn't have time to process if you saw a robot arm,a leg or a bolt in the fighting scenes,this should work out.
Although,there is a difference between cowboys inside Nasa suits/mechanical robots,or good old human faces.
They sure did a good job with that in Captain America.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
i went searching for more pix and found this lovely page.
Many great photos and 3 videos at the bottom ,one of which is Thor parking his car,the Thor way.:D
http://screenrant.com/avengers-set-photos-videos-thor-captain-america-rob-128696/

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
posting,posting
I'm stuck at IBM for the next 12 hours so pretty much surfing for 10..
I knew i could count on Harry Knowles and his cronies for top drooling info...
Now one of the more famous ones is a guy nicknamed Quint and he got to attend some Disney studios event in which he
got an amazing preview of scenes with most of the principal characters.Including a comeback from Stark to Loki that will send shockwaves of
nerdgasms around the world when shown in the film
So yes BIG BIG spoiler filled details to make you bite your nails in waiting till 2012.
Downey is just making it look so easy at being the the coolest motherf....around now.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50903

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks