1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

AVENGERS Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Norm, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Was it mentioned if this was a U.S. or a foreign disc?

2. Kevin Lamb

Kevin Lamb Well-Known Member

Kevin Lamb
    No, he didn't know what Region it was. I'm hoping its just a UK thing but will be very frustrated if it was censored straight across the board.

3. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    I'm in complete agreement with you.

4. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

I can't imagine why it would be changed from the theatrical cut. Maybe if there had been some kind of outcry about the violence in the movie but I never heard anything about people objecting to the violence in it. My guess is that it's either an alteration for another country and the US disc will have what was seen in US theaters or it's an outright lie (and even that seems pretty unlikely).

5. TheBat

TheBat Well-Known Member

Jacob
    some recent deleted footage from the blu ray has shown up online. they do explain more about it. try the loki and barton conversation.
    Jacob

6. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I am looking forward to checking out the deleted scenes, but I think I'd like to wait for the Blu-ray.
    Someone at AVS said that Coulson edited scene is from a foreign disc. Let's hope the U.S. disc isn't victim to the same silliness.

7. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    MARVEL is promoting a theatrical re-release this Labor Day weekend.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=427199330671412&set=a.229675623757118.60886.126757470715601&type=1
    Nothing about an extended cut is mentioned, which is too bad. But since the Blu-ray is already out in some other countries with just the theatrical cut this is no surprise.
    I caved and watched a few of the deleted scenes that are online. The one with Banner and Harry Dean Stanton was a nice expansion on his conflict about who he is and who he should be. And it's an absolute shame that extended intro to Steve Rogers was cut. I can't for the life of me understand why this was left out. The only reason I can swallow is if they want to basically transplant that scene into The Winter Soldier (or re-film it in the context of that film).
    Marvel's facebook post also reminds us "Don’t forget to stay through the credits…". I doubt they have anything new attached. They are probably saying that because lots of people probably missed the funny final schwarma scene.

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

ILM breaks down how they accomplished that shot: