What's new

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Here's good look at Vision in this new promotional poster. Unfortunately the quality isn't great, and dude had to put himself in front of the poster, but Vision does look cool. Right out of the comics.
image.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
According to a tag at the end of tonight's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", the trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron will premiere during next week's episode.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
The trailer is freaking killer and I agree, the music is freaking perfect! I am stocked to see this!!! Can't wait.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Interesting. I was left feeling a bit cold by it. I loved the first one and am looking forward to this one, but it was all so dreary.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The slight head turn from Ultron at the end when he says "There are no strings... on me..." is freaking perfect.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
dpippel said:
The slight head turn from Ultron at the end when he says "There are no strings... on me..." is freaking perfect.
Now I want to hear him do "Hi-diddle-de-dee...An actor's life for meee..." ;)

Also from the glimpse, looks like Quicksilver will be more comic-canon friendly (ahem, throws meaningful glare at Bryan Singer :angry: ), and won't be the slacker-goofball doppelgänger he was in X-Men:DOFP. In the comics, he was all business, an impulsive hothead, and definitely his father's son.
As much as I've ever said about Joss Whedon's hip goofiness, even Joss wouldn't have sunk to that "Time in a Bottle" bit...Yeesh.

Marvel blamed Hydra for the 6-day early teaser release. Bwa-hahahahahaha!
(Oh, they had to go say that and make me picture Garry Shandling hugging someone again...)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I am quite excited about the fact that Spader will be the ultimate baddy in this.
I really enjoy him on The Blacklist.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The trailer did look bleak, but that's the point, to draw us into the a high-concept conflict that only Earth's Mightiest Avengers could handle. Let's hope it's got a bit of fun in it before the 3rd act gets all nitty-gritty to the max on us.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ejanss said:
Now I want to hear him do "Hi-diddle-de-dee...An actor's life for meee..." ;)

Also from the glimpse, looks like Quicksilver will be more comic-canon friendly (ahem, throws meaningful glare at Bryan Singer :angry: ), and won't be the slacker-goofball doppelgänger he was in X-Men:DOFP. In the comics, he was all business, an impulsive hothead, and definitely his father's son.
As much as I've ever said about Joss Whedon's hip goofiness, even Joss wouldn't have sunk to that "Time in a Bottle" bit...Yeesh.

(Oh, they had to go say that and make me picture Garry Shandling hugging someone again...)
Hail Hydra.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Andy Serkis is in the MCU! And not as a CG actor!
image.jpg
It's speculated that he may be playing the Marvel character Ulysses Klaw, who is an antagonist of The Black Panther. While I'd be surprised if Black Panther cameos in this movie, I suspect we'll be introduced to several elements of his world (Wakanda, Klaw, and more on vibranium).

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Sean Bryan said:
It's speculated that he may be playing the Marvel character Ulysses Klaw, who is an antagonist of The Black Panther.
(Not Kraw, the Kraw! ;) )
While I'd be surprised if Black Panther cameos in this movie, I suspect we'll be introduced to several elements of his world (Wakanda, Klaw, and more on vibranium).
They....ALWAYS...bring in the Black Panther, Wakanda, and "where do they get vibranium for Cap's shield?", whenever there's a second episode of an Avengers series.
It would be refreshing if they just alluded to a cameo this time, but I'm not ruling that out. No word from IMDB, so I'm going with the Klaw guess as plausible.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Patrick Sun said:
The trailer did look bleak, but that's the point, to draw us into the a high-concept conflict that only Earth's Mightiest Avengers could handle. Let's hope it's got a bit of fun in it before the 3rd act gets all nitty-gritty to the max on us.
Agreed. I'm hoping the trailer was just focusing on the serious stuff and that there is still a lot of fun in it. The fun and strange team chemistry is why I like the first one as much as I do.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I have no doubt that this movie will have lots of cool action and some fun moments, but expect a darker affair than the first one. Joss had said this quite a ways back when starting work on the script for Age of Ultron:
“The creation of the team is not the happy ending. It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I’m digging, just twist that knife. And that’s exciting for me.”
That being said, Joss can mix dark and light pretty well. He has said this about "dark movies":
“Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.”
Whether or not there are any significant deaths in this, I expect that by the end most of the characters will have been affected by the events of the film in significant ways leading into the future direction of the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks