1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

AV receiver

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by JMOP, Dec 5, 2011.

1. JMOP

JMOP Auditioning

Hi all, Looking for a quality AV receiver to power 7:1 home theater and to 5 rooms and outdoor speakers. Want something that will not break bank and easy to use. It was also suggested due the number of speakers will need to use a multi-channel amp or selector. Appreciate any recommendations. THANKS!

2. 20s2k03

20s2k03 Extra

Hey JP! I am kind of new to real home audio but I am working on my finishing up my first set up. I am using an Onkyo TX-SR608 which is a 7.2 receiver and has the multi-zone capabilities that you are talking about. From my experience, it is a great receiver and you can get it factory refurbished from ac4l.com for only $270. I am sure others will chime in and give you the 2 cents of an expert, but wanted to let you know about the direction I took! Good luck!

3. JMOP

JMOP Auditioning

Just want to add that my budget is $500-$800, looking for good sound( i am not a gamer). Also looking to have HDMIs,ethernet,3d pass through..airplay. Lastleach room is wired with 2 speakers and volume control with 14 gauge. TV's surround: Bose on center two sides and two in celing Speaker spec's: 6.5" polypropylene 1" silk dome tweeter Power handling: 75 watts RMS, 90 watts program Frequency response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz