1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Aux input on Panasonic 5303u causing noise

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Juan Castillo, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Juan Castillo

Juan Castillo Well-Known Member

I have a Panasonic head unit that among other things, has an aux input for whatever I may please. I have a jvc sirius satellite unit, and when I use it I get engine whine. I thought it was power related, but I tried my portable battery powered mp3 player and I get noise through it also (not as bad, but still audible). I had run a cheap rca to 1/8 jack behind the dash for custom mount, but pulled it to get it away from all interference, and still get the noise. Would a shielded cable be necessary for this use?

2. bigmke184

bigmke184 Member

just as in home theater...u get what you pay for, go to a car audio shop and buy some good rca cables thicker the wire the better and make sure that your rca's are ran opposite of any power and ground wires....and try to make the cable as short as possible......hope this helps

3. lloydMon

lloydMon Member

4. JKL1960

JKL1960 Active Member

Check your vehicle's main ground. Sometimes whine is because of poor grounds. The battery's negative terminal will have a cable running to a ground on the chassis and / or engine. Sometimes this cable is insulated sometimes it looks like wooven metal. Basically remove it and clean all the connections and replace it. You might also check your head unit's ground wire for a good connection. If you are grounded through an adapter harness try adding a ground wire from the screw on the back of the deck to a good clean piece of metal.

Might not help but it is cheap to try.