What's new

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery finally in OAR!!! (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

It really did, I remember the opening scene being one I used to demo ad nauseum to people. See, I LOVE the 3rd one. Yeah, Beyonce does nothing for me, but the character of Goldmember just cracks me up. I've easily watched it the most out of the 3 films. I'm hoping for the best here and would LOVE to crack these bad boys open but won't until I see at least one positive review! :frowning:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
mine has shipped froma amazon so i hope i get it soon.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I love the 3rd one, too. The Britney Spears jokes seem awfully prescient. It was the 2nd one that did nothing for me. I swear that every time Fat Bastard came onscreen and started cracking jokes about baby eating et al, you could hear crickets chirping in the theatre.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

#2 did nothing for me cuz of Heather Graham. For some reason, I'm just not a big fan of hers.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

"Who does number 2 work for!"

"Thats right buddy, give that turd some hell!"

Sorry, all this talk of #2, had to do it!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I understand completely! i was actually wondering how long it'd be until someone started busting out the quotes in this thread. I'm surprised it took this long! :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i don't remember slater in the cinema when i saw the movie here in the States.
which film is this in reference to?
Also what are the death of a henchmen scenes.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

They were some deleted scenes in the film that turned up on the DVD release (VHS as well) After the one henchman dies from the mutated sea bass, the film cuts to Hooters where a guy played by Rob Lowe is hosting a bachelor party for him, knowing that he's working late because he's a henchman for Dr. Evil. After the other henchman dies after being run over by a steamroller, the film cuts to a nice suburban home where the wife and kid of the henchman is, they get a call that he was killed and the mother and son lament over how people don't realize that these henchmen have families, or something like that.

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator

Christian Slater plays a security guard in the first film who is hypnotised by Austin using the "powers" that he learned in the east. It's a very amusing cameo and was a noticable ommision from the US DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.