What's new

Austin Powers: Goldmember - Technical Issues (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
I watched the movie last night on my JVC 500BK with no problems, in fact it was stunning video/audio quality. I too was able to pause during the news segment with no problem. Watched some of the extras and navigation was fine.

Ted K.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having the same problem with my A-120. This is a disc problem because I've watched other Infinifilm titles with no problem (15 Minutes & Rush Hour 2)

This kind of sucks, even though my Panny has been delivering unwavering service since March of '99. This is the first title that it has had an issue with.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Seems like there are a lot of problems with DVD's on Pioneer players. Note to self never buy one
I'm not sure where you got the idea that Pioneer players have lots of trouble playings DVDs. I've had a DV-37 for over two years, played hundreds of DVDs on it, and the only issue I ever had with it that was the DVD player's fault was some of the material on The Godfather bonus disc. Pioneer gladly upgraded the eprom (sp?) and now it works fine. That player has provided me with the best picture I've seen a player give until I upgraded to the Pioneer DV-47Ai.

Incidently, I haven't purchased the new Austin Powers disc yet, anyone know if this issue is present on the DV-47Ai also?

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
Paul,

I suggest you look up some older threads about the Godfather. It turns out that it was not the player fault. Paramount finally issued replacement discs for the supplements a few months back. (Mr. Blythe posted it in the studio feedback section I believe.)

(That was quite annoying considering the time it took to have the fix done.)

Daniel L

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I own a Panasonic also, and it seems with most times during the film, I could't pause, rewind etc, but other times I could. I believe it's during the parts where the special features pop up when you watch it with Infinifilm.

Dean

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I suggest you look up some older threads about the Godfather. It turns out that it was not the player fault.
Thanks. I had heard about that. It sounds like an instance where the problem could've been fixed on either the hardware or software end. However, since my player was sent in for repair *long* before Paramont came around to admiting there was a problem with the disc, I went that route.

Still, thanks for the suggestion, I have a feeling I may need that replacement disc afterall. Especially if I have the same issue with my DV-47Ai.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For all Panny RP91 users (I don't have this disc so I can't try it):

Have you all downloaded the newest firmware from the AVS forum thread? Just go over there and search for rp91 firmware, it's the 14+ page thread. The newest 250 firmware ISO & Nero files are on it, as well as instructions on how to burn a CD and install the firmware.

Hope this helps (if Panny fixed it on the firmware, if not, oh well).

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have merged these 2 threads into this single one to deal with all technical issues relating to this DVD.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
I've got an RCA player and it doesn't do that. I just watched it too. It also doesn't do that on an RCA portable

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
okay, Goldmember is on my list of discs to buy, and I just burned my ISO of the 250 firmware for the Panasonic RP91. I'll try it out this weekend and post my results.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The problem exists on my Panasonic RP56. Fortunately it's just an annoyance, albeit a big one. Does anyone know if a downloadable firmware upgrade is available for the RP56?

Craig W

Second Unit
I would assume since this is a new issue revolving around one title that the latest firmware is not going to help. AKAIK, Panasonic never released RP56 firmware. Panny units are generally reliable and we don't have to deal with many issues like this, but every now and then we all get sh!t on.

This is a disc authoring issue as far as I am concerned since no other titles I own have a problem with the standard playback controls. Due to the number of discs shipped I doubt New Line will do anything to correct other than point the finger at Panny. I just want the freakin' movie. I don't need all these Infinifilm features if they are going to cause havoc. LOTR:EE was a great release and it worked flawlessy. Keep the Plantium Line and drop Inifinifilm.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Crap, I have a coupon for a free copy of this film. It expires on the 24th though. Hopefully, I'll still be able to exchange it if it doesn't work. BTW, I have a RV-31. I'll let everyone know how it works out for me when I go and pick it up later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks