1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Austin Powers: Goldmember - Technical Issues (merged thread)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Blake Heinzeroth, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Blake Heinzeroth

Blake Heinzeroth Active Member

I got home and popped in my newly purchased 'Austin Powers in Goldmember' DVD (widescreen of course), only to find that it locks up every 2 minutes during playback. In fact, it's almost every 2 minutes exactly. I am able to scan forward through the offending lock-up, but the movie is certainly not very enjoyable when watched under these condtions.

Is anyone else having an issue with this disc?

Thanks,
    Blake

2. mike corwin

mike corwin Member

Blake,

Yup, same player, same problem as you experienced. It played fine on my pc, and on a Sony.

In fact, even the Goldmember menus were squirelly on the Pioneer...locking up and such, with the audio stopping.

I've never had any issues with an Infinifilm DVD before, although I hear others have.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Well-Known Member

Strange- I had it playing fine up til 42:00, when it freezes, pixelates, then continues on my Pioneer DVL-909- tried it on my Playstation and it froze and skipped ahead a few seconds. Checked here first to make sure this wasn't an authoring problem like Monsters Inc, guess I'll have to go back to the store! (Didn't buy Lilo and Stitch because of the problem with Monsters Inc BTW, won't buy another Disney title til they fix it!)

4. Colin-H

Colin-H Well-Known Member

Throughout the movie, the navigation controls (rewind, fast forward, pause, chapter skip) on my DVD player (RV31) are disabled.

Anyone else experience this problem?

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Well-Known Member

New copy works fine, at least at that spot!
    BTW this was the worst attempt to watch a movie I've had in recent memory- start time delayed due to a lot of stupid stuff, then a phone call, then having the disc run into a defect!

6. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Well-Known Member

Yup, my DV-37 is having the same problems. However, my XBox seems to run it perfectly. Too bad because it sure was looking nice on the progressive scan player.

7. Joseph G Blea

Joseph G Blea Member

Same problem here Colin on my Panasonic RP91. Only way to pause it was to stop the disc, then come back and hit play to start it back up. That didn't work right either though. Usually the DVD will start right back up where I stopped it. With this DVD, it restarted at the beginning of the last chapter. Couldn't pause or scan at all. The only function I had was chapter skip.

8. Rachael B

Rachael B Well-Known Member

Rachael Bellomy
    Same problem with the RP91....

9. Greg O' Connel

Greg O' Connel Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with my ancient Panasonic A115. I've had the player for over 2 years, and this is the first disc problem I've ever had with it.

10. CarmenC

CarmenC Member

Panasonic A120, same problem.
    Picture and Audio start to stutter after ch.12.
    This sucks...
    C
    [​IMG]

11. Rick Mena

Rick Mena Member

[​IMG] Having stuttering and pausing issues about 5 min after starting a chapter . . . what's the joke NEW LINE? (Pioneer DV-47 here)

12. Rick Mena

Rick Mena Member

Yep same freakin problems here!!!!! I HATE having to return things for THIS kind of problem! errrrrrrrrrrr! [​IMG]

13. James Reader

James Reader Well-Known Member

Isn't this the case with all Infinifilm titles on some players. I think (going from memory here) the ffd and rew buttons are disabled on my Inififilm discs but the others work OK (I have 2 Pioneer 727Fs)

14. BarryS

BarryS Well-Known Member

It's not a problem with the disc. You can't pause. This is apparently, the way the disc was authored. [​IMG]

15. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Well-Known Member

If you hit menu, you'll be sent back to the menu and you can just resume the film this way. I NEVER pause since that would keep a still image. Although I rarely "pause" anyways since that ruins the movie.

16. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Well-Known Member

Seems like there are a lot of problems with DVD's on Pioneer players. Note to self never buy one [​IMG]. Sorry to hear you guys are having these problems. I had no issues on my RP-91, the layer change seems to be at the credits so not in the movie which was great and not really noticeable either.

17. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Well-Known Member

Nathan

18. Blake Heinzeroth

Blake Heinzeroth Active Member

Finally ended up watching it on my computer DVD drive.

In response to the above comment regarding Pioneer players... I have watched over 500 DVDs on my DV-37 (including other Infinifilm series discs), and I have to say that this is the first one I've ever had problems with. Maybe others have had issues, but I have been very happy with my choice (though the new Denon players are certainly tempting me).

-Blake

19. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Well-Known Member

Thats weird the pause worked for me on my RV31. I watched the movie last night. There were several times where I had to pause it when I left the room. I didn't try any other functions, but it worked.

20. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Well-Known Member

Same problem with my A120 -- but...
    I tried to pause one scene (the TV news bulletin after Dr. Evil & Mini-Me's World Court trial -- to read the funny little headlines), and first discovered the lockout problem. But skipping back to the beginning of the chapter, I was able to pause just fine, and was able to slow advance my way up to the point I wanted to see. When I got there, it paused just fine.
    So apparently you can freeze frame at certain secret 'loophole' points. Anyone with spare time want to find them all and post 'em? [​IMG]