What's new

Austin - next HTF meet planning (1 Viewer)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Bump!

Just for the heck of it and to help stir the beginning of Spring feeling. Hey, I saw some light on the eastern horizon this morning going to work! Winter is once again on it's way to defeat! HT meet? Hmmm??

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
I won't be able to do the HT meet this weekend. There was no interest/discussion when I posted my previous message about a March 5 meet. Also, Jonathan Atkins has been busy and I haven't had a chance to plan/schedule anything with him for any upcoming meets.

We should try to set a new date for a meet. Because of work demands, I haven't had a lot of time to pursue organizing one.

Anyone have any suggestions for a new date, topic, and location?

BTW, this is part of why I had trepidation about continuing one long thread for all Austin HT meets, rather than starting a new one for each meet. I think the thread fell down the list and not many people noticed my post (except for Hank and Scott).

If we continue using the single thread rather than starting new ones, I think we all should subscribe to E-mail notification so we are reminded of any activity on these threads...

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Colin,

We have been using different threads for each meet - this thread is basically the same meet - it just kept getting postponed and modified.

The last meet we had was discussed in the following thread:

The next Austin meet?

That said, everyone that has posted in this thread is automatically subscribed so even if you have email notification disabled, every time any of us logs onto HTF, it tells you in your control panel and in each individual forum which threads that you are subscribed to have new posts.

Regardless, this was the thread to discuss the next meet. What with all the Jacob nonsense and everyone's difficult schedules we simply haven't been able to get this meet put together and set in stone.

But I wouldn't worry about people not seeing this thread or knowing if its been updated - they are notified of that when they log on. In fact if anything a new thread can get easily overlooked by at first because no one would be subscribed to it. I know I have missed a few Austin related threads because of that.

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
OK, I'll keep using this thread for a while. Everyone, please subscribe to this thread or set up E-mail notification if you haven't already so you won't miss any discussion.

Here are my suggestions.

It's been a long time since an HT meet, so we could either try to put together a new "event" style meet for April, or we could do a more informal lunch / "shop talk" kind of meet in March, just to get the momentum going again.

I'd like to see us get back to doing 4-6 meets per year, but due to work demands I won't be able to organize all of them.

My preference would be to have a lunch / shop talk meet on March 12 or 19 so everyone can get caught up with what everyone else is doing with their HTs. Looking around the threads, I've seen stuff like screen construction, Mac mini-driven projectors, equipment upgrades, etc.

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Don't post here anymore!
Let it die, this thread obviously has bad karma.
Thus from the ashes of this thread a new meet thread will be born.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks