What's new

AudioSource Amps??? (1 Viewer)

Zak Ruck

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone here have any experience with these amps? I was reading all the high marks on Audioreview and a few other websites, but have yet to hear one. So, anyone have any experience?

I'm in the market for a good, lesser priced two channel amp. Actually I'll be eventually buying a few amps, but have to space them out as I do not have the $$$ right now for a multichannel, or more than one 2 channel amp.

Thanks,

Zak

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
I've had the amp one 80x2...solid performer. These audiosource amps at their low prices (especially used..under 150 sometimes) are nice values. If you eventually get to three or four audio source stereo amps, you'd have a nice amp combo.

Tom Fl

Grip
I'll second what Ricky said. I also had a 80x2, the one with the analog dials on the front. I had 100 watts in the front driving Eosone RSF-1000's (I wish I still had those towers) and the Audiosource driving the rears in a Dolby Pro Logic setup I had in college. I later used the amp in conjunction with a pre for 2-channel and it is now being used by my parents with only a cd player, no pre. The model I had had two sets of inputs, one that could be used with a cd player directly, it was also was bridgeable to 200 watts and stable into 2 ohm loads. The amp still sounds great, very clean power (>.04% THD). I originally bought it in 1995-96.

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
Zak
I am using an Audiosource 5.1 to drive bass shakers and it has worked very nicely. No problems even in an enclosed cabinet.
Regards,
TCIII

RobWil

Supporting Actor
I just picked up an Audiosource Amp One today on ebay for 129.00. I plan on connecting it to my Onkyo TX-SR797 and driving my fronts with it (Klipsch KG 5.2's) to see if it improves on my stereo music listening. I'll let you know in a coupla days.

Zak Ruck

Stunt Coordinator
I actually bought an Amp Two off of ebay as well yesterday. Should be here next week. I'll be using it to drive my Paradigm Studio 20's. I'm hopefully going to be buying a decent used Pre/Pro in a few days, but until then I'll just us my old H/K as the proc. Thanks for all the info. If i like it, I'll most likely just get two more, one for the rears, and bridge one and use it for my future center channel, the Studio CC.

Thanks for all the help. And got to love ebay!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks