What's new

Audio/Video Cabinet (1 Viewer)

tcbmafia

Grip
Real Name
Anthony
does anyone know where I can get a audio/video cabinet for my home theater room with mesh front cabinet covers so you cant see the lights onthe equipment and still use the remote through the mesh. Or is there other types of cabinets I can look at.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hmm, that might be a tall order. If your doors have glass wondows, why not just tint them with some ultra-dark 8% limo window film?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

RyanTSI

Agent
Real Name
Ryan MacInnis
You could always find a cabinet you like and do it yourself. Cut out the centers of the doors and stretch some speaker cloth or something similar over the opening and make some trim rings to cover the edges. There are a thousand ways you could do it and make it look good

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
Look thru this site,

I can't post URLs yet, but go to http://www.racksandstands.com.

I chose this piece, Laurier-Furniture-1462-2290-2291-LP1348.html

I did see a few, like you mentioned. I bought the one in this URL because I loved how accessible the back of my components will be. This site offers in home set up, (No assembly required) on a few of their pieces. The drawback is it takes 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Good Luck!!

Brian D H

Second Unit
Why not just add an IR repeater to a cabinet with solid doors? They're not very expensive.

Brian D H

Second Unit
Perhaps - but it shouldn't be any worse than a glass door. Obviously you wouldn't want a tight seal on the door - that may be enough by itself. If it isn't, you might need to add some kind of ventilation register (holes) to the side or back of the cabinet and maybe a fan.

Let's ask: Anyone out there have their equipment in a solid door cabinet with an IR emitter - and what do you do about ventilation?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I had problems with the receiver heating up the rest of the cabinet. In installed an exhaust fan directly behind it. There was a shelf a few inches above it, so the shelf helped contain the warm air (from the rest of the cabinet), and the fan pulled it out. Basically, any time you enclose heat-generating gear, you will have a heat build-up problem.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks