What's new

Audio/Video Amplifier (Intergrated amp) (1 Viewer)

Antonio Benedicto

Auditioning
Are there any 5 channel amps out there with everything built into it (dd-dts-DPLII) but without a tuner ? I never listen to radio stations at home and I was wondering if there are such amps.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
They are called receivers, but almost all come with a tuner. No big deal actually, if you don't need 'em, just don't use 'em

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Actually, receivers by definition have a tuner. That's the receiving part of it, otherwise, as mentioned, they are integrated amplifiers. That being said... I really have no idea if there are multi-channel integrated amps. I would think not. I would just get a receiver anyway, and not use the tuner, it gives you many more options than finding the one or two integrated multi-channel amps/processor w/o a tuner, (if such a thing esxists). If you have the cash though, I guess separates would work, as the processors usually don't have tuners built in. I say you just get a receiver and just don't listen to the radio.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This is where to post about amplifiers. And there are a number of surround-sound integrated amplifiers (combination preamps and power amps on one chassis) available.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
The high-end Yamaha units like the DSP-A1 (discontinued) dont include receivers. I think it's replacement follows this tradition.

But I agree, dont reject a good "Integrated Amp" just because it has a tuner or a phonograph input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks