1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio issue with Bose CineMate and Philips HDTV

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by jd60625, Jan 27, 2012.

1. jd60625

jd60625 New Member

Hi folks, I'm a rookie here, so forgive the dummy mistake, but.... I have a Phillips HDTV and a Bose CineMate II. I do not know the model number for the TV, but it is a 1080p model that I bought from Target 2 yrs ago. Trouble is, the TV has no audio-out jack except for the headphone jack. So, I run the Bose through the headphone jack and it works ok (meaning, I can hear the TV, even if the quality is nothing special.) I have used this setup for a while now, but I am considering upgrading the TV to something newer and a main driver of doing this would be to get better sound. So, two questions- the first of which is the most important: 1. If I had a TV with an optical audio port (which I can use with the Bose system), would I recognize an improved sound quality from the headphone jack? 2. Any suggestions on TVs? I want a 47-50", 1080p, great image and sound. I don't need too many fancy features. Thanks in advance.