1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio from TV

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by chrisdoha, Mar 8, 2010.

1. chrisdoha

chrisdoha Member

Hello all

My set up is an Onkyo Receiver TX SR707, to which i have connected my Digital Set Top box and my satellite decoder and 5.1 external speakers. When Im watchin tv from either of these sources, audio is from my external speakers. But sometimes when im watchin regular TV, i would want the audio from just the TV and not my home theatre set up.

Any way that the audio can also pass thru the hdmi out from receiver to TV. One way is to connect the set top box and decoders to both receiver and tv using splitters. But i wanna avoid the excess cables.

2. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Well-Known Member

Ed
    The only way I know of is to run cables from set top box to receiver and tv. I refuse to listen to tv speakers for any reason, so I haven't experimented with this. I didn't spend all that money on my system for it to sit there, while I listen to tv speakers. You must have more patience than me, I guess....
    Good luck!

3. SQMonte

SQMonte Well-Known Member

I think you'd have to run cables from each of your sources to the TV directly.