What's new

Audio dropouts (1 Viewer)

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Denon 3803 & DVD-2200, connected with a cheap(not glass) optical connection. Last night I noticed about a dozen audio dropouts while watching Passion of the Christ R4, which is in full bitrate DTS. I have never noticed an audio dropout before on my system, I have also never played a full bitrate DTS disc on my system before. I then watched Master and Commander DTS (754kbps), no dropouts at all.
At first I thought the extra data from the full bitrate DTS might have been causing probs with my interconnect cable but I have never had any probs with DTS-ES tracks, which I think use the same amount of data, or am I confusing this with DTS 96/24.
I will try swapping out the cable tonight.
All other suggestions welcome.

MikeTz

Stunt Coordinator
Doesn't sound like the cable is the problem if Master and Commander worked. That also indicates your amplification chain and speakers are functioning correctly. The problem sounds more like an issue with the DVD player or your pre/pro (receiver).

MT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks