What's new

Audio Advice (1 Viewer)

kameonr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Keeling
My apologies if this is not the correct catagory, its part of my HT project and so I figured this is a good place to put this.

So I have asked you guys a bunch of questions here and there and done a lot of reading to help with my DIY home theater, and its getting closer and closer to completing.

I am now trying to decide on what kind of Audio package would suit my room and thought I would lean for some advice on this from you guys.

I have attached the current setup from almost the back of the room, we are looking at 11ft across and about 20ft deep with an opening to the left of the viewers once complete (nothing I can do about the opening but was thinking of closing the room in curtains that i could open and shut to get a single room feel (movie style curtains of course.

Basically we are dealing with an 110" screen and I will have two rows (one on risers (building now) and I want to have a good movie theater sound without overdoing it, as the room size is not that big to begin with.

So my question:

Could you give me suggestions on a good HTIB or a put together set that I can use for this room size without robbing a bank.

This room is for movies only if that helps....Blu-Ray movies, and regular DVD's.'

thanks in advance

MacD

Agent
Real Name
Dan McDuffee
I believe most are going to start with a request to clarify what your idea is of "without robbing the bank". Everyone has different budgets and ideas. If you could narrow it down? $500, $1000, $1500 ?

kameonr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Keeling
Something told me that would come up :)

I would like to keep this under 1k if possible, also please factor in the desire to pass video and audio over HDMI, although I am willing to go optical as well if it means sacrificing quality of the overall sound.

mayhem13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
anthony
AudioAdvisor.com has an excellent athena package on closeout more that 50% off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks