What's new

ATTN CGI Pro's: Opinion Needed - Ninja Turtles CGI (1 Viewer)

Neil1978

Auditioning
Real Name
Neil
I've been doing various programs over the last ten years. started with 3D Max 2.5, then on to animation master, and in 2006 on, softimage. I seem to get the most productive in softimage.. One of my problems in life is concentration.... I start one thing, and never finish it. 5 months later i have ten projects all unfinished. So, I decided to challenge myself. How long would it take one person to re-create an entire 22 minute episodes in CGI? The Introduction started in May 2011, and finished in June 2011. It turned out rather good, so I plunged into the episode. I started in October 2011 and finaly finished in rough shot form, on January 20th 2013. Granted, I rushed the first ten minutes, because if I didn't, it would never have gotten done. From the 10:00 on mark, I think most of it looks rather good for an un trained learner.. especially act 3., All Shots where done IN ORDER. Minus two in act one that where so bad, i went back and updated with new temps. It's rather obvious to tell which ones.. Hopefully you can see improvement along the way. some characters got redone from bottom up a few times during the production, as I was not happy with the results I was getting. Not sure where this project will land me. I'm not good enough to use it as a job audition, and most companies don't use, or give training in SoftImage. But the challenge was thrown out and met. I chose this episode because the backgrouns where not that involved, the animation not that complex, and if the CGI turned out good, it could possibly look better than the original product done by Fred Wolf's C Team of people most likely. Please feel free to comment with suggestions! I'd especially like to know how i can get more life into the performances.. most look rather robotic.. Neil

Neil1978

Auditioning
Real Name
Neil
submitted to reddit.. never been on that site before... 50 views, no reviews yet :eek:).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Oh i thought you were asking me to submit it, I see you got it posted! http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1754tm/cgi_prosninja_turtles_cgi_episode_review_needed/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks