What's new

Attention Joel Mack and HTF football league (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, yeah. How the hell that happened I'll never know.

Is there anything worse than screwing up a payback chance.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ok ok ok, enough. :p)
As it stands right now, it looks like I won't have to play Seth in the first round of the playoffs. Instead, I get to play Stephen who has a tough team as well. Yargh. :eek:

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yep. Here's the playoff schedule for next week:
#1 HellToupee (Stephen L) vs #8 Springfield Isotopes (John Thomas)
#4 River City Bungles (Joel Mack) vs #5 AutoBahn (Brian Alexander)
#3 Calgary Hitmen (Paul Mcgowan) vs #6 Chicago Carnage (Jerry Almedia)
#2 Indy Jedi Knights (Seth Paxton) vs #7 Irving Claymores (BrianB)
Hell2pay is riding a 6 game win streak while I'm on a 5 game losing streak. You tell me who's gonna win. ;) The scores didn't quite pan out in the playoff teams though. If we'd gone by scoring, the top 5 would still be the same, however the Rednecks would've made it in at #8, knocking the Claymores out. Also, I'd be at #6 and Carnage would be #7.
I'm predicting the most interesting game to be the Bungles-Autobahn matchup. Stay tuned. :D

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I think it was Jerry that had my number all last year as well. Either him or Stephen. I can't remember. It's gonna be a scary couple of weeks with McNair up in the air....

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Playoff week 1
Bracket 1
#1 HellToupee (Stephen L) [10-3] vs #8 Springfield Isotopes (John Thomas) [6-7]
Winner - Isotopes (98-98) Tiebreaker 4-3 TDs

#4 River City Bungles (Joel Mack) [7-6] vs #5 AutoBahn (Brian Alexander) [7-6]
Winner - Bungles (97-81)
Bracket 2
#2 Indy Jedi Knights (Seth Paxton) [10-3] vs #7 Irving Claymores (BrianB) [7-6]
Winner - Jedi Knights (97-45)
#3 Calgary Hitmen (Paul Mcgowan) [9-4] vs #6 Chicago Carnage (Jerry Almedia) [7-6]
Winner - Carnage (103-89)
Playoff week 2
#8 Springfield Isotopes vs #4 River City Bungles
Winner: Isotopes (108-80)
#6 Chicago Carnage vs #2 Indy Jedi Knights
Winner: Jedi Knights (128-63)
Consolation brackets
#1 Helltoupee vs #5 Autobahn
Winner: Helltoupee? (had illegal player)
#3 Calgary Hitmen vs #7 Irving Claymores
Winner: Hitmen (138-125)
Final week
Championship Game: #8 Springfield Isotopes vs #2 Indy Jedi Knights
3rd Place: River City Bungles vs Chicago Carnage
5th Place: Calgary Hitmen vs Helltoupee
7th Place: Autobahn vs Irving Claymores

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I thought we might need the information about the league and how it turned out, hence the above post. Also, if anyone wants, I'll start another post concerning off-season trades or we could just use this one.

Anyone? Ideas?

Stephen L

Second Unit
John you are on quite a roll. Always pays to be the "hot" team when the playoffs start.

BTW sorry everyone about Chad Johnson , I missed the all he hub-bub.The past month I've been busy doing a remodeling project around the house after work and haven't had any time to enjoy the football season.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Stephen, I would've never guessed the result of our game in the playoffs. That was truly bizarre to watch Ricky Williams slowly eating away at my lead - then right when it becomes tied, he's taken out. I was jumping out of my skin when I saw that.
I guess I'm as hot as anyone else with a 2-game win streak. Seth's on a longer one I think though he did lose his revenge game against the Jackson Rednecks. Man, he had your number something fierce, Seth. ;)
I guess everything turned out alright with the Chad Johnson deal; I haven't seen any chagnes or updates on the Yahoo FFB site. Speaking of not hearing much, I really do hate that some folks just dropped out prematurely; that kinda sucks all the fun out of having a league. Me? I'm gonna stick around and see how many folks I can knock out of the playoffs - play the spoiler. I came ever-so-close to knocking myself out of the playoffs with that 5 game losing streak I was on entering the postseason.
Methinks keepers are going to work out this way (correct me if I'm wrong): 4 years of "contracts" that can be used any way you like (ie: 2 years of RB1, 1 year of RB2, 1 year of WR1). The keeper will be essentially your "pick" of the round that he was drafted in this last year (ie: if I decided to keep Jabar Gaffney, he'd be my round 15 pick) or if you have someone on your roster you want to keep and he wasn't drafted this year, then it automatically defaults to the last round pick.
I would rather just have a keeper and it be your first round pick; that way, if you think he's worth it he's worth your first round pick. Much simpler. However, if I agreed to something like what I just described I'll stick to it. I really don't want to cause waves, I just wanna beat the tar out of Seth this weekend. :D

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Despite Yahoo not accepting my entry of Collins at QB and my only real stud not starting the week of the championship, I'd say that my showing was very good. The free-agent pickups of Jay Feely and the Washington defense at the right time got me within striking distance. When the playoffs started, I told myself "just get one win and the rest is gravy" so I can't be disappointed. Second place in my very first fantasy football league is damn good, if I do say so myself. :p)
Final Results:
#1 Indy Jedi Knights (Seth Paxton)
#2 Springfield Isotopes (John Thomas)
#3 River City Bungles (Joel Mack)
#4 Chicago Carnage (Jerry Almeida)
#5 Calgary Hitmen (Paul Mcgowan)
#6 Helltoupee (Stephen Long)
#7 Autobahn (Brian Alexander)
#8 Irving Claymores (Brian Baird)
#9 SB Bound (Bryan Ziegler)
#10 Jackson Rednecks (John Spencer)
#11 Tropical Robots (Mark Pfeiffer)
#12 Tulsa machineXsoul (Kelley B)
For those of you who made pre-season predictions, feel free to compare. :D

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
One point that needs to be addressed is how we're going to keep the information from this past year's league. For example, we'll need to keep the draft results so that we can base keepers from it. Also, it might be neat to keep all the stats, records and all for posterity.

just throwin' it out there for discussion..

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Yo! There will be more draft dates available soon. I'd actually prefer a sunday if possible, but If I have to, I'd lean towards the 21 out of those two.

I haven't read back through this thread, but as I recall, I had Marshall and Deuce McAllister. I would probably be keeping those two. I think I also had Travis Henry. If I got him in a low round I might just keep him and Deuce to free up my first round selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks