What's new

Attention Joel Mack and HTF football league (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I got an email from CBS recently that was a renewal for our keeper league. are we still doing this? on CBS or yahoo? I have a partial list of keepers that Joel posted on the league website,

Here are the keepers as I received them:

S.B. Bound: Edgerrin James, Steve McNair
Jackson Rednecks: Priest Holmes, Eddie George
HellToupee: David Boston, Ahman Green
Brianca's Nancyboys: Marvin Harrison, Mike Alstott
Columbus Tigerbombs: Tiki Barber
Calgary Hitmen: Marshall Faulk, Deuce McAllister
Irving Claymores: Shannon Sharpe

All other teams elected to keep noone, or are not participating next season.

Looks I get Marshall Faulk and Deuce McAllister, it's going to be a VERY good year now that ricky's gone in Nawlins...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I still want to be in. Let me go check on my team.

I didn't want to make a keeper choice till we saw what happened over the summer. You shouldn't have to put down your keeper till it gets close to the draft.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Whoa, nevermind, we won't be using CBS this year. $120 per league.

We can play for free a lot easier than that. There are other options and at worst we could put together a webpage ourselves. We'd lose the live scoring but it would still work pretty smoothly if we had to do it that way.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I thought Yahoo worked very well last year. I didn't spring for Stattracker, but it isn't a big cost if individuals want to use it.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I think, at least in our baseball one, that even if you dont buy stat tracker, they have some sort of current stats as they get updated on the scoring page, yahoo wouldn't be a bad option, either. assuming it's free...
btw here's the link I was given... :
Link Removed
now of course this took me to my team directly but you maybe able to manipulate it to get to the league home ... took me awhile to remember my username and password for that site...

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Yes, Yahoo did update stats fairly close to real-time during football season last year, although the numbers weren't always 100% correct. Didn't make much difference to me as I was out with other guys from the fantasy league watching almost all the games at once. Stattracker, though, is a fairly nominal charge, though, from what I remember.

I think Yahoo's system is a lot easier to use, and we shouldn't have some of the problems that existed during last year's Sportsline draft (some players not showing up as available to draft depending on which program you were using).

And how bad must my team have sucked that Tiki Barber is the only one I felt was worth keeping? Yow.

MikeM

Screenwriter
If you have a spot open, please let me know.
I'm always down for Fantasy Football.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'd like to join too, if you have a spot. I have a lot of experience with Yahoo fantasy, and have found it to be the best system by far. An easy way to do the keepers, would do so by the honor system and let everybody know who's untouchable, and have the respective players pick them up at the end of the draft.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Joel, at the very least we could have a gentlemen's agreement to draft our 2 keepers with the first two picks. I mean that would be zero problem for any decent owner.

Heck, anyone that wouldn't follow that I would kick out of the league. And you could still do that via autodraft by simply putting your two keepers at the top of your auto list.

Mark, I was looking at my team and thinking the same thing. 20 teams is brutal on the number of players left for each team.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
suggestion for team makeup... if you're going with the usual yahoo league which I think is 2 rb, 2 wr, etc... or whatever the default league is...
why not add another option for 1 wildcard rb/wr??
again, just a suggestion.
oh, and i like the idea of drafting keepers in the first and second rounds... doesn't screw up the waiver priority after the draft...
actually, looking at my roster, I wouldn't mind keeping jamal... but I know you said two keepers... :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I could go for what Paul said.

QB
RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
K
DEF

but then again if we have 20 teams the pickins are slim for that RB/WR guy.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Is there anyway that a person could get in on this now:D . I love fantasy football and this is my first football season here at HTF.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Let me get in line behind Brett. If you have any openings please let me know!
I'm in several leagues that have used Yahoo the last few years. The only problem is with "keepers". What has been described above is exactly what we did. There should be a cost associated with a keeper, so the teams used their first and, if necessary, second round picks for the keepers.
Another interesting idea I read about regarding "keeper leagues" helped prevent teams from locking up all the best players for years to come. What this league did was allow two keepers. The catch - any keeper cost the team a draft pick two rounds higher than the keeper was originally selected. So, if you picked up Shaun Alexander (RB) in the fourth round last year it would cost you this years second round pick. This means that no team could keep last year's first or second round pick! It provides more turnover for the highest quality players. It also makes the draft much more important. This is an idea we are considering implementing in one of the leagues I'm in.
BTW, if the interest is too great we can always look at setting up a second HTF league. Brett and I may be forced to create our own AFL, USFL or XFL ;)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I think we may need to set up a 2nd HTF fantasy football league. 20 players is a ton of people in a league. The talent must run extremely thin. I played in a 10 person league last year, with the extra rb/wr slot, and most people had trouble keeping productive players there. Maybe we can split it into two groups of 15.. or start a new one with all new people.. I'm up for whatever. I'd be happy to set up the leauge. I've been commish of private football, baseball and basketball leagues for 2 years now. My only stipulation would that it would have to be a live draft, I can't stand that auto-draft crap.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Live draft all the way, but auto-draft option needs to be available for those who can't attend. Yahoo's system worked well last year. Out of 10 teams we had 7 live and 3 autopick. Autopick does fine for the first 6-7 rounds, but then it seems to pick players seemingly at random!

I don't want to cause any problems with the original HTF league. Why don't you "old timers" give it a thought and let us know how many teams you are keeping. We can be the overflow and new team league.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I wouldn't mind that keeper strategy, however if so I'd like to just keep deuce if that's the case. I believe he was drafted quite low (esp. being a rookie backup to williams last year). I'll use my first round pick if that's the case, for someone else, and somebody else can have faulk. I'll think on that. Faulk might even be for trade as well. or you could just impose that keeper strategy next season..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks