What's new

Attention Canadian Shoppers (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Hey everyone,

Just caught a Pizza Hut commercial that said you get a free DVD with an order (not sure if you need to get one pizza, two pizzas or what). The three DVDs to choose from are:

Lost in Space
Weekend at Bernies
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Looks like they come in a small cardboard sleeve.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Haven't had your fill of samurai-related films?
What with the current upsurge in interest for samurai-themed fare such as Kill Bill and The Last Samurai, I thought it an appropriate time to post the following:
The Samurai Trilogy from The Criterion Collection is currently $67.14 at Amazon.ca. This works out to an average of $22.38 per Criterion Collection disc; a nice bargain in my book. Comparably, a non-Criterion VHS version is selling at the same place for $63.96. The choice is clear.
Note that The Samurai Trilogy DVD set won't be released until May 25 according to Amazon.ca.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
It’s trilogy completion time!
In case you missed getting these, now is a good time to get a nice deal on the third instalments of two movie series.
Both Austin Powers in Goldmember and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines are each priced at $17.99 at Futureshop. Goldmember includes dts and the very fun 'Revoice Studio' on DVD-ROM, while Terminator 3 includes two discs and two commentaries.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
For those who havn't picked up the 2 Harry Potter special editions DVDs, you can get them both for $30.00 @ HMV (2 for 30 sale)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
For those who havn't picked up the 2 Harry Potter special editions DVDs, you can get them both for $30.00 @ HMV (2 for 30 sale)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Fancy A Night At The Opera?
You can now get Queen's dvd audio disc of A Night At The Opera with its audio options 5.1 MLP for dvd audio players, 5.1 dts for dts systems, and 2.0 pcm for all dvd video players (note no 5.1 Dolby Digital) at Amazon.ca for $22.99. This is the lowest I have ever seen this disc go.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I was at HMV and they have the Special Edition Rocky Series Boxset for only $29.99.
It was like $59.99 before so this is a great deal.

-Mike

JasonCC

Auditioning
Why not just go to Spadina. 3 for $20...all are dual layer, all are pressed...all come with artwork.

I even picked up Shrek 2 (widescreen) with Bonus + Deleted Scenes along with Mystic River + Hellboy for $20

JasonCC

Auditioning
Before anyone asks...Spadina and Dundas area... Superbit and all. I only come to this forum once a month.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Why not just go to Spadina. 3 for $20...all are dual layer, all are pressed...all come with artwork."

Maybe because a few of us understand that to get the special editions, off catlogue stuff and timely releases requires us to purchase a legal copy!!!!!!!

Piracy of DVDs isn't right! Damn it wasn't right when DVDs were between $30-40, now they average $24 ..... what's the big deal??

Spend $9 and go see a movie one afternoon instead of ripping off the studios.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks