What's new

Attention Canadian Shoppers (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Wow, i hardly ever enter MusicWorld anymore...
Ohyeah, its a little late now, but I was able to pickup The Matrix Reloaded for $19.99 at A&BSound :)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
In case others (such as myself) may have forgotten due to unavailability:
From announced release date to numerous weeks later, a two-disc title I've wanted could not be found in any store I searched. Two days ago, I finally found Babe: The Complete Adventures two-disc Pig Pack at Future Shop for $26.99! Be sure to check the botoom of the pig pack for the desired specs for each of the two movies.

Simon Ngan

Stunt Coordinator
Since this thread is about Canadian, I wonder where I can buy Acoustic Research cables cheap here. I've been buying them from Future Shop but I think they have discontinued AR and now Monsters.

Thanks for your help,

Simon

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Since this thread is about Canadian, I wonder where I can buy Acoustic Research cables cheap here. I've been buying them from Future Shop but I think they have discontinued AR and now Monsters.

Thanks for your help,

Simon
Is there a Visions Electronics nearby? I bought my Acoustic Research cables there a little while ago.

Dave

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Just in time for this Christmas season, HMV has new (old) stock in their 2 DVDs for $40 deal. I picked up Terminator 2: Extreme Edition and Gangs of New York. Also available: Bowling for Columbine, Roger & Me, and Adaptation Superbit among others.

Hey I just picked up Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers EE for 27.99 at futureshop today ... I didn't notice until I checked my receipt and saw the price and went cool ...

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I just got the Boxed set of Spider-Man (the one with the comic in it) for 29.99 at Walmart. I couldn't believe how cheap it was. They had tons of them too. The guy at the checkout said they were 70 bucks last Christmas (I wouldn't know though cause I wasn't here)

Anyway just thought I'd pass it along.

Chris

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Happy New Year!
Got a sweet tooth?
Go now to Krispy Kreme doughnuts and buy a dozen, you'll get a coupon good for a dozen original glazed doughnuts the next time you buy a dozen only in January 2004 at a Krispy Kreme shop.
Jazz DVD-Audio lover?
Diana Krall's When I Look In Your Eyes and The Look of Love DVD-Audio discs are $18.99 each at Best Buy.
More music?
Moby 18 B-Sides+DVD is $14.99 at Future Shop. If you can't find it in store, you will have better luck online. The included DVD is supreme!

Simon Ngan

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew,

Thanks for the news. You mentioned DVD-A sale at Best Buy, are you referring to Canada Best Buy?

The closest one is in Mississauga which is about 45 mins from where I live, I wouldn't mind checking out what else they have. It's next to impossible to find DVD-A/SACD in Burlington.

Thanks,

Simon

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Andrew,
Thanks for the news. You mentioned DVD-A sale at Best Buy, are you referring to Canada Best Buy?
The closest one is in Mississauga...
That's right, Simon. They have a number of interesting titles for the same price. The last time I visited, they appeared to be running low on the Diana Krall DVD-A's, though.
Stay healthy, Joseph! :D

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Want to Learn More About Computers?
We Canadians have been included in a free magazine promotion by PC World magazine. This includes two risk-free issues, a 'Best of the Year' CD-ROM comprising PC tools and articles, and 15 slick power guides on a variety of subjects in Acrobat Reader (pdf) format immediately available for downloading once mailing information has been submitted.
If you want to go paperless, a free issue of their digital version of the magazine is also available.
PC World magazine promotion

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Into Photography?
Henrys is having a great sale on now. In particular (since I've been looking for a tripod for a while now), they have the Velbon MAXi 347GB lightweight and compact tripod from Hakuba on sale for $99.99 (about a $40 savings). A month ago it was selling for ~$145.
It's a beautiful tripod. It has a geared centre column, 3-way panhead, trunnion shaft legs (like a cannon), quick-release plate, leg braces, flip locks for the leg sections, and its own bag.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks Andrew. I could sure use a half decent inexpensive tripod, been putting getting one off for years. Any idea if this tripod could also be used with heavier items, such as high power binoculars? Might weigh at most a few pounds, probably more like 2. Some of the more reasonably priced tripods are kinda floppy with anything except lightweight stuff, and I would prefer to get one tripod that is fine for all my stuff.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Hi Craig. I don't know if it can support your heavier items. The box specifies that it is for digital cameras and video. However, I've found it to be quite sturdy probably thanks in large part to its integrated leg braces and metal construction where it counts. Two pounds seems reasonable. The 'weak' link with respect to mounting heavier items may be the panhead.
If you can, visit a Henrys store that has them in stock and spend some time trying it out. That's what I did.
Here is a good write-up, with pictures, on MAXi tripods, in particular the 347GB.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Hi Andrew: Looks fine, will get one tomorrow. BTW I weighed the binoculars and only 880g, so not much worse than some camcorders, should be fine for that too.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Have you gotten Almost Famous yet?
If not, the three-disc (2-DVD, 1-CD) so-called 'untitled bootleg cut director's edition' of Almost Famous is now $15 at two places that I know of. Music World has a two DVDs for $15 sale that includes this set in their selection, while Amazon.ca has it for $14.99. Cheers!

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
A couple current DVD titles as of April 5, 2004
The Panic Room three-disc edition by David Prior is $37.99 at Best Buy Canada.
The Matrix Revolutions will be $21.99 tomorrow only at both Futureshop and Best Buy Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks