What's new

Atkins files Chapter 11 (1 Viewer)

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
The problem isn't carbs, it is the simple carbs like processed sugar people intake (cutting out fruits and berries because they contain sugar is just stupid). Bread has gotten a bad name in the carbohydrate phobic community because it is too often associated with white bread made of enriched flower. Bread is healthy if you make the right choices. Eat a diet high in fibre, low in sugar and fat, and you'll be fine.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
An interesting thing I found out about a low carb bread (I forget the brand, maybe Sara Lee) is that the slice is like half the size of a normal slice of bread and maybe a tad thinner, so its like, all they did was make a smaller slice and upped the fiber count. Putting peanut butter on the bread was impossible without tearing it usually. I usually stick to Ezekiel whole grain bread these days which is all natural and not full of hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I rarely eat wheat bread at home, I always buy dark rye or knackebrod (whole rye crisp bread). With fat-free cream cheese, low fat meat, cucumbers and other veggies makes a healthy snack. Choosing the bread is not about how many carbs it has, it is how much fibre it has (and how little sugar).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks