What's new

"ATI Radeon X1300 128MB PCIe Low Profile DVI Video Card KN303" and me... Dual Monitor??? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Trying to finangle an old Video card to see if I can setup a dual monitor, aka extended desktop thing here... Have an old Dell with the above mentioned video card. Does anybody know if it supports a dual monitor if I get the right cable? my internet searching has been inconclusive, most places say it has 1 DVI output, but it has one DVI -I connector, however, it is a dual-link connector, specifically it is a DVI-I 24 + 5 pin female connector (Dual Link) so that is not an indication because how do I know that ATI just didn't save money by buying XXXX dual link connectors and just not using the added pins?

Anybody with this old card know for sure?

I could not find the precise model until I opened up the desktop to look, the PC board looks like below:

http://www3.shopping.com/xPO-Dell-128MB-Dell-Radeon-X1300-S-Video-DVI-I-PCI-E-UX563

If I had a splitter adaptor, I can easily check, but the only adaptors I have come up with here at work are for a DMS-59 connector...

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
So, it's just not because I don't have an electrical connection to a 2nd monitor?

OK, now onto the process of trying to request a new PC. I don't think the bozos here like to swap video cards and heaven forbid you change something that might make it different than what they are used to.

Jay

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Nope. The splitter, because of how the firmware is in that card, will only clone the source, so you'd have two monitors showing identical content (no expanded desktop) and you'd have no software control over a second monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks