What's new

Athena AS-F1 vs. AS-B2 (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

I used the attached mounts, also. I'm pretty close to the back wall, but it works ok. I tried vertical (after rotating the mounting points on the back 90 degrees), but you wind up with a tweeter firing right at the seats...pretty directional. Here's a pic of the back of my room. Still a work in progress (hidden wiring, drapes, etc.).

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up guys.......head over to the bargain forum, Future Shop has a deal too good to pass up!

Brent

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator

You got that right ! I just picked up a bundle even though I really don't need it, I can't afford it and my wife is gonna kill me. Ah well, that's life :D

Hey Jack, can you rotate thos mounting brackets on the R1's 90 degrees without doing any modification ? I didn't really look but I thought the were screwed down and didn't want to mess anything up.

P.S. I really like your set-up. (except for the wall color :b )

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Neither did I, I just wanted to try the R1s, and as you stated on RFD I'll probably try to sell the C1 and the B1s too.

Brent

Hey, howz Bayer's lake??

Yes I'm Googoo.

Brent

KenLeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
Bayer's Lake is always crazy busy. It's a Big Box business park in Halifax, N.S.

Man that RFD site is gonna get me in trouble if these deals keep up !

You should be able to sell the B1's and C1 and almost end up with the R1's for free. Can't beat that deal !

Anyone have 4 R1's for the rear surround stage ? I'm debating on trying that or 2 B1's and the 2 R1's I currently have.

MikeGee

Second Unit
as an update as to what i did since i started this thread..
I just picked up

2 AS-R1's
2 AS-B1's (not gonna be used)
1 AS-C1
all for 300$ canadian at future shop. Plus the 4 AS-B2s i have already. I just finished setting it up and i'm quite happy with my results. I'm still unsure of how to get 7.1 sound out of my pioneer 1014 with regular audio cd's however (to help break things in)

Chuck_W

Second Unit

If you want to break things in, you might want to try "7 Channel Stereo" mode while playing CDs. Cycle through the Advanced Surround modes (ADV. SURR button on the remote) to find this.

PLIIx Music mode (using the "Standard" button on the remote) will give more of a 7.1 surround mix and feed more info to the center channel, but the 7 channel stereo will feed more info to the surrounds for break-in.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

;) Well, you need dark walls to maintain contrast with a front projector, so I went with burgundy as opposed to all black. It's actually much deeper in person.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"You should be able to sell the B1's and C1 and almost end up with the R1's for free. Can't beat that deal !"

That's the plan, I also be selling my Paradigm Atoms v1.5, and a set of cheaper white Kenwood Dipole rear speakers that I never used.

I should come out ahead:)

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks