What's new

...at last: TOTAL RECALL-SE.... (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
David must be slipping....
He didn't ask for DTS!!!
cool.gif

------------------
Thanks,
Steven R. Simon
HTF Administrator
Theater Pics Updated 6-11-2001
Send Email: [email protected]

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
So there is a director's cut available? But it won't be on this definitive special edition? I don't get it.
confused.gif
Oh well... still sounds good. I'm glad I held off on buying the first version when it became available!
Scott.
------------------
Scott's DVD List

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I've seen the case but don't have a scanner. It's not like the T2 metal case. It's square on the bottom, with a bed banner (along the very bottom) proclaiming "Special Limited Edition DVD." Then up from there is the familiar Schwarzenegger face in blue and the title. But the top of the case is a round, red tin (to look like mars) which has bumps to feel like the surface. So the case will sit on a shelf, but I guess the disc is in the mars recreation part.
It's not as cool as the 'Basic Instinct' Special Edition DVd which comes out the same day. It's clear plastic molded to look like a block of ice, with an ice-pick pen that writes red. The only movie graphic is the disc itself which can be seen through the case. There's a rated and unrated version of 'Basic Instinct' with the unrated having the extra feature of commentary not on the rated version. Both, I assume, will come in the case.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
Director's cut?
You mean they will finally cut out those midgets etc?
One could only hope.
That movie started out like a house afire and burnt out when they landed on Mars.
Isn't that where the original story by Philip K Dick ended and the writers had to come up with an ending?
------------------
Conroy

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Well, it is a bit strange to be able to 'scoop' the usual DVD sites on this announcement, but it happens from time to time that a title 'on the back burner' is
suddenly announced to a trade like VIDEOSTORE first....
The whole front cover and inside front of the mag are devoted to TR, along with RRP, SKU codes, VHS edition #, bulk display packages etc, so this is as good as an 'official announcement'-ARTISAN paid big money for the ad....
The LTD package is the round case packed in a square bottomed thingy-box about the same dimensions as a keep...and the round part juts out the top.
Sorry guys, I dont have a scanner.
As for a 'Directors Cut'....I am not certain that one has ever been announced, tho I could be wrong...this has simply been, for the past 5 years, announced as an "SE"
And an already good transfer should be EXCELLENT now with the latest in techno-twiddle, and anna-morphia...
blush.gif

------------------
As for 'How limited is 'ltd. ed'....?

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
snore.gif
zzzzzzzz..... zzzzzzzz....... euh, what? whot did ya say? ( note the Ja jar accent
laugh.gif
) , no DTS on the Artisan new release ?????
furious.gif

kidding............
Link Removed

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Oh dear god yes. I can see it now:
"ahahah here is Mars here, you see me shooting him der? Den pulling dis thing out of my nose here? Hahahahaha, here's me shooting again....and again....hah, and again"
laugh.gif
Wow, Dan! You got a review copy already?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
And all of the DVD newsletter editors are taking the 4th off and getting badly scooped on the internet by HTF. I think we've arrived.
Deane

John CW

Supporting Actor
Hehehe! Very true! :)
We rock!
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
There was a directors cut released on laserdisc. Not sure what it contains but it's always nice to have the directors cut. When will we get to see a picture of this case? How limited is it?

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
maybe that girl will have 4 breasts in the real new cut ? RLMAO !!
laugh.gif

dolby? say again ?
btw, a friend brought back 6TH DAY in full rate dts: oh my!!!! oh my !!!!!!
yum.gif

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
"Get you ass to Maaaas"
blloooeeepp
"Get you ass to Maaaas"
blloooeeepp
"Get you ass to Maaaas"
Sorry I just think tha is hilarious in the movie...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Those of us that waited really have to pat ourselves and the HTF on the back. Without information sources such as HTF, I would have bought the old edition in the first couple of months of owning my player. Glad I waited.
Those that didn't wait, quick, get your a$$ to e-bay.......

Eric Bass

Second Unit
I need to come here more often, I bought the old copy two days ago! Oh well, at least I only paid $9 for it.
------------------
Here are your messages: You have 20 mins to move your car, you have 10 mins, your car has been impounded, your car has been crushed into a cube, you have 20 min to move your cube.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks