1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Astroboy - the complete series - how is it?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Max Leung, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Max Leung

Max Leung Well-Known Member

I see that Astroboy the series is out. $50 CDN at BestBuy, 50 episodes. No Japanese soundtrack however!

The box says it has 20 episodes or so never seen before - well, that doesn't sound reassuring - are there more episodes?

And is the original Japanese version available? I have a feeling these are heavily edited episodes...

I did see this series on TV as a kid - but I would like the original versions if they exist.

I assume this version of Astroboy was given the Battle of the Planets treatment - story altered and edited for us dumb North Americans! :p

Any comments on this release?

2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Well-Known Member

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Well-Known Member

Ok. So it is probably completely different eh? I saw it back in the very early 80's (1983?).

Damn.

4. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Well-Known Member

There have been three different versions of Astro Boy throughout the years. The first came in the 60's, the next in the 80's (the one you likely remember) and then this newest incarnation from 2004.