1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ascent vs Axiom

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by TommyWMedford, Sep 7, 2003.

1. TommyWMedford

TommyWMedford Well-Known Member

Oops, I just realized I spelled "Ascend" wrong in the subject heading. Sorry about that.

Hi all. In a few months, I'll be upgrading my gear, and I've decided that I want to go with either Ascend Acoustics, or Axiom, but I can't decide on which. If I go with Ascend, this is the way I'll go:

Mains.......CBM-170
    Center......CMT-340
    Surrounds...HTM-200

And if I go with Axiom...:

Mains.......M3Ti
    Center......Either VP100, or VP150
    Surrounds...Either M2i or QS4

I haven't decided on a sub yet, I'll probably just use my crappy Sony for a while, though.

I was wanting to move my Fluance speakers to the bedroom, but I might end up selling them. My wife doesn't like their size, and they will take up way too much space in my bedroom...

2. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Well-Known Member

I own Ascends, and have heard the Axiom M22 and M60.

Between the CBM-170 and Axiom M22, as with everything, it will definitely come down to preference, as the two both have very flat freq response curves. I understand the M3Ti has more emphasis on the midrange and less on treble.

The best thing to do is get a pair of CBM-170's and a pair of M3Ti's, compare them at home, and send home the loser.

Both Ascend and Axiom have dedicated forums where you can ask questions. The Ascend forum is still pretty new, but offers good info.

www.ascendforum.com
    www.axiomaudio.com/boards

3. TommyWMedford

TommyWMedford Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links.

4. Niraj Patel

Niraj Patel Well-Known Member

Naturally, I would agree with Curtis and say listen to both though, if you can. But get your order for the CBM 170's in quick. They told me if I ordered it Tuesday of last week, that they wouldn't be able to ship for 4 weeks after that. I couldn't wait that long and the $100 cheaper Axiom setup drove me to just buy them. I am happy with my purchase and don't feel the need to try out a set of Ascends that I will probably end up liking equally as well, but I do wish I could give them a listen at someone's place. Patience is a virtue that I do not have.... [​IMG]

5. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Well-Known Member

Niraj,
    Too bad you haven't heard the Ascends. Patience is tough in this hobby! Glad you are happy though!

If you are ever in LA, you are welcome to listen to my modest setup.

6. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Well-Known Member

I had the Axiom M3ti's, and after I heard the Ascends I promptly sold my Axioms.