1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Arsenic & Old Lace" Nov 9, 2010 re-release?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MadMikeyD, Oct 4, 2010.

1. MadMikeyD

MadMikeyD Extra

Amazon.com is listing Frank Capra's "Arsenic and Old Lace" as a pre-order for Nov 9. No other details are available. I can't find any information anywhere else. Does anyone know anything about it? I don't own it yet, so I wonder if it will have any new bonus material (but I kind of doubt it). I do want to get a stand alone copy to add to my Frank Capra collection instead of the TCM Classic Comedy set.

http://www.amazon.com/Arsenic-Old-Lace-Cary-Grant/dp/B0045HCJHG/ref=sr_1_6?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1286215100&sr=1-6

2. MLamarre

MLamarre Second Unit

Matthew Lamarre
    It's being re-released in new keepcase packaging as it was only previously available in a snapper. Several other Warner catalog titles are being re-released for this reason on the same day.

3. MadMikeyD

MadMikeyD Extra

Well, at least it will be more readily available again. I think they could've chosen better cover art, though. Between this and the "Meet John Doe" 70th Anniversary Edition, I should have all my favorite Capra movies by Christmas, as those are the two glaring omissions in my collection.

4. MadMikeyD

MadMikeyD Extra

5. mdnitoil

mdnitoil Supporting Actor

Scott
    That certainly seems odd. Did Warner lose the rights to this? That's the only way I can see something like that happening.

6. MadMikeyD

MadMikeyD Extra

Warner is releasing it. I'm hoping it's just an error and this is the original b&w version.

7. MadMikeyD

MadMikeyD Extra

Barnes & Noble's website has a picture of the back cover of the DVD. The back cover shows that it is in black & white. Whew!