What's new

Arrow (season 2) (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
One thing I don't really want to see is poor Felicity pining away on the sidelines while Oliver beds a succession of ladies. She's attractive enough to have her own social life without waiting for him to come around.

I rolled my eyes at the Thea/Roy storyline. Glad it was resolved within this episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So now Moira's lawyer's last name was revealed to be Loring. I wonder if Ray Palmer might be showing up in the future.

We also have the H.I.V.E. mentioned. Could Isabel (Summer Glau's character) end up as Queen Bee?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
According to Deadline, Barry Allen will still appear in episodes 8 and 9 but the character's unveiling as Flash will now be in a stand-alone pilot rather than within "Arrow".I hope this means that Arrow will continue to stick with its no superpowers rule. It's a limitation that's paid dividends for the show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
According to Deadline, Barry Allen will still appear in episodes 8 and 9 but the character's unveiling as Flash will now be in a stand-alone pilot rather than within "Arrow".I hope this means that Arrow will continue to stick with its no superpowers rule. It's a limitation that's paid dividends for the show.
I doubt it. The producers have said they want to bring more DC heroes in. Also, since the Barry Allen will be in the episode...it's the same universe. Also, I am tired of DC properties (Nolan's Batman) going out of their way to avoid superpowers....Why?!? If you want to do a movie about a vigilante...don't use a property that comes from a world of superpowers. Marvel has embraced it and it's been a success.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I certainly was surprised! I had read that John Barrowman was returning for some guest spots, but I had assumed they'd be flashbacks.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I was not surprised about the revelation regarding Thea (in fact I thought it was going to be revealed earlier when she and Oliver were talking to their mother). But I was surprised regarding the verdict. I knew something had to be up, but I couldn't guess what it could be.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well if they go with the comics..Doesn't the pit used by Ras al Ghul heal people??? And we know Malcolm is a member of the League of Assassins.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
I certainly was surprised! I had read that John Barrowman was returning for some guest spots, but I had assumed they'd be flashbacks.
I thought that would be the case as well and I am quite disappointed in his return. It seems to cheapen the first season finale. A connection with the pit helps matters, but I really don't like it. Still, it ultimately depends on what they are going to do with him.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I guess it was Malcolm's previous life with the League of Assassins that helped him survive as he is definitely in the outs with them right now.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
I hope this means that Arrow will continue to stick with its no superpowers rule. It's a limitation that's paid dividends for the show.
Well, while the heroes might not have superpowers, the villains in this episode appear to have them.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Seeing 'pre-Flash' and Grundy in one and the same episode was wonderful. And I really loved it when Moira played her card against Malcolm. That was great. Now I just hope he does in fact stay away from Thea.

I hardly recognized Felicity without her glasses and with her hair down. What a transformation. I also thought it was nice to see her feelings for Barry on display as much as we did.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not loving the introduction of superpowers. That inevitably leads to lots of science-y gobbledygook wand waving. One of the things I've liked about this show is that it kept things as grounded as a superhero show can be.Grant Gustin didn't bother me as much as I thought he would. He's a bit of a lightweight as an actor, and it shows, but I was worried that my association of him with his very turdish previous asshole roles would color his performance here. That didn't really happen.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I couldn't stand Grant Gustin on Glee, but I didn't mind him here. He comes off very young, but that's part of his charm, and I liked Felicity's interest in him. I'll look forward to his own show when/if it comes about.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Like the idea of them starting to show superpowers. I just wish Barry was a few years older. Just looks so young compared to Oliver.I did really enjoy the last scene when Barry wakes up in the room and realizes where he is and who he is with.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I caught the episode earlier today and liked it quite a bit. I think the show is really hitting its stride and this has been a very satisfying season all in all. I'm fine with introducing powers in the show as long as they attempt to maintain some semblance of internal consistency. Really liked Gustin as Barry Allen. He does seem a little on the young side, but his earnestness is part of the character's appeal. Happy to see Felicity not just mooning over Oliver but finding a kindred spirit in Barry. She definitely looks different without the glasses and her hair down, but I'm used to the original look and find it preferable.

Really liked some of the throw away dialog in the episode in particular -

Lance: "You didn't have a spare earthquake machine lying around?"

and later

Barry: "I'm not very good on my feet."

Kind of felt like I was watching a Jean Claude Van Damme movie with the sort of ass-whipping that Oliver took in the factory. :)

- Walter.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
"Barry: "I'm not very good on my feet."

Walter,My family and I loved that line as well, considering what he will become in a few more episodes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
Like the idea of them starting to show superpowers. I just wish Barry was a few years older. Just looks so young compared to Oliver.I did really enjoy the last scene when Barry wakes up in the room and realizes where he is and who he is with.
The actor is about 9 years younger. He's only going to be 24 years old in January. John Wesley Shipp was 35 years old when he started playing Barry Allen.

Overall, it was a good start to the two-parter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks