What's new

Arrested Development (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, actually the movie might be funnier without Cera because you know the writers would have a field day with it.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

It would be a good movie ether way. I just want Cera to say yes or say no so that they can get this thing started.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I think it'd be even funnier if they recast the role completely--the only thing missing from the greatness of AD is a reference to the Brady Bunch Variety Hour. :D

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

Noi, no, no. I would rather have George Micheal compleatly out of the picture instead of being recast. We need the original cast or nothing at all!!

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
If money is the reason he is holding out, I would just like to quietly remind the studio...

There's always money in the banana stand.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Regarding actor Michael Cerra (the fuzzy haired boy from the film Juno) holding up the Arrested Development movie by being the only cast member from the series not to sign on to the film yet, my suggestion is this:

If he isn’t available, they should hire Ellen Page instead and act as if “Georgia” was always a daughter.

We know that Ellen Page and Jason Bateman work well together since they were in the aforementioned Juno together. And "Georgia"'s crush on Mae doesn't even cause a problem, 'cause this is Ellen Page we're talking about.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
According to Cera, he has yet to see a script for a possible movie and that it is "more hypothetical than people think."

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Hasn't it been said multiple times by Hurwitz though that he has to wait to see who's signed on for it before he start working on the script?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
That to me just sounds like Cera trying to cover his ass for his hesitation to do the movie. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting but the more I read about this and the more Cera talks, the less respect I have for him. I get not wanting to be typecast but it's starting to feel like the fame has gone to his head. Maybe Cera needs to have a little chat with Kirk Cameron...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Fame? He's been in what, 2 movies? One was a horrible teen flick, and one was an Academy Award winner -- but he wasn't the star. I hope he gets his head out of the clouds and signs on so they can write the script.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Call me crazy but I think Michael Cera knows more about the movie, its script and his desire to be in it than anyone on the internet. When he said "it's more hypothetical than people think", he probably meant that any movie can collapse at any moment (even when they start shooting, there's no guarantee that the studio wouldn't pull the plug) and this movie isn't even written yet so it's a long ways off and alot of things can happen between now and then.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Possibly. But possibly not. We are talking about a Hollywood actor here. "It's more hypothetical than people think" just sounds like such a Hollywood cop-out statement to me. You either want to do it or you don't. Call me cynical.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't watch it, so I have no clue, but a friend just told me that during the Oscars red carpet stuff, Ron Howard confirmed its going to be made.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
since when is it not okay to want to see a script first? how many people here complain about the Matrix sequels? (i mean, not me; i've always thought Reloaded is one of the best action movies ever, but that's beside the point). i'm sure before filming, everyone would have thought its script would be great by default.

"what? you don't want to do a second season of Heroes?!?!? what a pr!ck!"

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
There you go George Michael.

So Ron Howard is directing? Was that common knowledge before? That's pretty big news, isn't it? I don't believe he directed any of the television episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks