What's new

Arrested Development season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Yes. And one shot wasn't blurred either. Maybe you could see his actual hand? :)

I'm probably misquoting but what the heck:
"In prison, you have to close your eyes and take it. Here you have to close your eyes and give it."

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
There were some things about this episode that bothered me, It just felt off. The recap at the beginning was more of a traditional recap with the "last time on arrested development" dialog. And the narration seemed to be slower as well, it felt dumb. Also there was no fake preview of next weeks episode at the end, instead they showed a real one over the credits, ruining the introduction of Baio. It looks as if Fox is starting to make changes to the show, I hope they stop before they ruin it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Not as funny as last week, but still pretty good. I loved all of the chicken references, and Tobias's hair-plugs.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Those 4,000 hair plugs were ghastly!

I totally LOL'd at Scott Baio's character's name:

Bob Loblaw

OMG, that's just funny as well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I could be wrong but I think it has more to do with not wanting to waste the story's running time. I'm not sure if they did it last week but this week's episode didn't have the usual opening credit sequence. They ran the cast's names during the first act. If they dropped that for this episode (or all together), they did it so they could have more time for the story.

So Fox's interference (in that regard anyway) is probably only in having a set run time for each episode.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
This episode seemed different.

I loved the triple chicken dance! I wish GOB could've joined them.

I can't wait to see Scott Baio next week.

~T

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

I just jumped online to say the same thing. This whole episode definitely seemed different some how. The opening sequence, the music in some parts, the narration, it just didnt feel right. Damn FOX and whoever calls the shots.

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
Yeah, the opening sequence definitely dragged (again?). George Sr. was funnier in jail. And where was Oscar?

Cross needs to be let out to do his own thing. Tobias is leeching off the magic show and it isn't as funny as when he was on his own.

Gangey (Jessica Walter) was great in this episode, though. "Whatever keeps him out of the kitchen." :laugh:

It's not just the lack of ending teasers or usual pre-show credit sequence that made the show feel off, though. Even GOB seems a little slower on the uptake than last season.

We need more George-Michael and Maeby!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, no love for Charlize Theron's guest turn? Unfortunately, I didn't find much of the material she was given to be that funny.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I agree with everyone who is saying the episode just seemed different. I still thought it was funny, but not as funny as last week. For me, I think it was the whole thing with the Brits that seemed off.

As for the "last week on" segment, I was actually thinking that perhaps FOX is already skipping episodes and put that in there to fill us in on anything we might have missed? Probably not true, but just a thought I had.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I hope this show has not jumped the shark. That episode was bad in contrast to the rest of the series. Although Tobias with the hair plugs had me rolling. I still look forward to this show all week.
Dont let us down FOX.:angry:

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Loved Ron Howard emphasizing the assurance to Andy Griffith that they weren't trying to insult him with the cabin.

And after just finishing the season finale of Veronica Mars a couple of weeks ago, it was weird to see Aaron Echolls (Harry Hamlin).

Rob

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
The episode was different for several reasons - mainly this whole James Bond subplot/spoofy - which I don't think worked as well as they'd wanted it too (see the Michael Blooth will return in... reference).

But on a whole I still enjoyed the episode - frankly I never thought the last season held up to the first, but I don't think these two episodes of Season three are blow Season 2 par - which I enjoyed a lot as it is.

I'm just happy this show is still on the air - a GOBless world would be very hard for me to live in.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I love how they add a new and completely unique chicken dance each time. We cannot resist the temptation to replay those scenes many times before continuing on with the show with the taste of hilarity run down our cheeks!

I can't believe that almost everything that comes out of Tobias' mouth is amazingly funny. I wonder if David Cross makes up those lines.

Please and Thank You FOX!!!

C

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The episode had a different rhythm but was still jaw-dropping funny. I like that it wasn't just more of the same. Based on the first two episodes, they seem to be experimenting with cramming in even more jokes per minute than previous seasons. This is a luxury they can afford with no laugh track. Major props to Harry Hamlin for being a good sport and generating my biggest laugh of the episode.

It's a photo finish, but I think Dave Thomas' fake English accent via Canada was even sillier than Charlize Theron's fake English accent via South Africa.

I agree that they most likely omitted the fake "on the next" bit because the episode ran long. It would have also ruined the gag that referenced the early James Bond films that would conclude with something like "The end of 'Goldfinger', but James Bond will be back in 'Thunderball'".

Regards,

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
It did indeed seem different, like the opening "last time on Arrested Development" especially showing footage that we hadn't seen the week before, it made me wonder for a minute if I'd missed something, but there was the scene in all the teasers for this weeks episode that wasn't actually in it period. Charlize actually looked really cute, the only movie I really liked her in was "That Thing You Do!". I knew the british guy driving the car looked familar, couldn't remember that it was Dave Thomas, I love that guy, his character was pretty good also.

"Itsy wensy IRA"
"Wee Britain"
"Wee Poppins"
Michael driving on the wrong side of the road once out of Wee Britain.
"Bloody Yank!"
"Stupid Brit!"

There were some really great quotes in there last night.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

I thought the second season was easily as good as the first. I never thought that it lacked in any way.:D
As for last nights episode, I loved it. But it did seem different in a way from the normal flow of AD. Thats not a bad thing and it was still funnier than anything else on TV right now.
I laughed outloud several times last nigth and will like always watch it again before next week comes.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I thought it was better than last week. Except for the recap at the end and the Next week on Arrested Development being gone I thought it was laugh out loud funny. Glad the revisited the Chicken dance. Love the Spy spoof too.

Was really hoping with the connection to Ron Howard that Andy Griffith as Matlock would make an appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks