What's new

Armageddon Criterion: Is it Anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed that Deepdiscounts has it for 29.98 and was contemplating purchasing, but I won't get it if it's non-anamorphic. I did the stretch thing with the first release and it works ok but really want to enjoy it the best way.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
It's non-anamorphic.

As far as I'm aware, there has *never* been an anamorphic release of this title - from *any* studio - to the DVD format.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'm pretty sure there have been anamorphic widescreen DVD releases of this movie, just not in the United States.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Nope, and its sorely in need of a reissue. With DTS added to boot.

willh51

Agent
Real Name
Will
The funny thing about the CC of this movie is that aside from being non-anamorphic, the transfer looks very good.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
UK and Australia releases are anamorphic. UK special edition has most of the extras from the Criterion release except the 10min gag reel.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
The transfer is pretty good for non-anamorphic, the sound is awesome, and the extras are stellar. Love it or hate it, it's a fabulous double disc. Perhaps they'll give it the "Brazil" re-release treatment -- a single disc anamorphic release to replace the first disc in the set and a double discer for those who do not own it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks