What's new

Ark II, Jason of Star Command and others coming from BCI!! (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I don't really understand that comment, unless you've just got an axe to grind. Andy is the extras producer: he's not the only person involved in supplements. You haven't even seen a list of extras yet, so how can you automatically assume they won't be good? He has experience in doing this stuff. I doubt many of the actresses/actors have that kind of behind-the-camera experience.

I happen to know firsthand that Mr. Mangels' involvement with the Filmation sets is a good thing: I cannot make specific comments, but he has fought hard for certain things that fans of the Filmation shows ought to appreciate and I think when bonus materials are announced, we should be more than pleased.

I think most of us would've been content with just the episodes, if truth be told.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I was very pleased with Flash Gordon, cant wait to see more of my old 70s saturday morning stuff! The price, the extras, the quality, ( for what it is) is VERY appreciated by me!

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I've never heard of these shows...before my time I guess...or I somehow missed 'em as a kid. I'm tempted to blind-buy a bunch though, 'cause I'm so grateful to BCI for releasing He-Man and She-Ra. :) I think they ROCK, putting these relatively unknown "cult" shows on DVD! Warner (and other studios) should license out the shows they aren't interested in releasing for fear they won't make a huge profit. Let BCI or Shout Factory do it. BCI seem thrilled with the sales of He-Man DVDs, so I guess it all depends on one's expectations... the bigger the corporation, the bigger the greed. Open the vaults, I say! Learn to appreciate modest profits (and the enormous good will/loyalty from happy fans/customers :))

Btw, I could be crazy, but didn't I read somewhere (sorry I can't be more specific) that Warner Bros plan to release Shazam? Hoping people will be swept up in the superhero wave with the upcoming Superman deluxe boxset release?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Awesome! First The AFterschool Specials, Ultraman, and now this! BCI is turning out to be a great company.

I've been wanting to see ARK II again for many, many years. I wonder if they could get their hands on the old Hudson Brother shows? Saturday morning stuff from the 70s and 80s is a must buy for me. Six Million Dollar man would be great too.

I'm wondering if Jason could possibly still be good after all these years. Oddly, the Krofft shows are much better at 40 yrs old than 8. ;)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Speaking of Afterschool specials. I remember one that was a pilot for a show. Made by the folks who did Space:1999, and it even had Nick Tate. A ship falls through a Black Hole...and it was way better than the lame Disney movie. I THINK it was called The Day After Tomorrow. Would love to see it again.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That doesn't ring a bell. I'm sure I watched it though. Maybe Spielberg's weird sounding film about a black hole will bring it back. You never know.

I'd love to see more of those dramas for kids. I just know the two "Soup and Me" films are sitting around gathering dust. I sure would like to spend my money on those.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

This aired as an NBC Special Treat in America on December 9, 1975, I think under the title E=MC2 (I certainly remember E=MC2 scrawled on a starfield as an ad-break slide: funny the bits and pieces the young mind retains).

It was produced as a pilot for ITC under the title The Day After Tomorrow and the "Episode" title was Into Infinity. Yes, indeed, it starred Nick Tate, along with Brian Blessed, Joanna Dunham and Ed Bishop. It was produced in-between the two seasons of Space 1999p and several set pieces wound up getting reused on year 2 of Space.

The good news: the pilot film has been released both on VHS and DVD.
The bad news: it's only available to members of the official Gerry Anderson fan club, Fanderson. It's exclusive "member" merchandise, so you have to join the club for the privilege of owning it. The DVD version also includes the pilot film Space Police (that, with revisions/recasting, later became Space Preceint).

The Fanderson website has an info page (including plot synopsis and production info) here: http://www.fanderson.org.uk/epguides/tdateg.html

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
*twists Andy's nose*

Hee, hee! The one without the cowlick. :laugh:

That shot must be a rehearsal shot. Those guys are standing behind them and not even watching the amazing fight going on.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Isis eh? ...........MAN I had a crush on Joanna Cameron when I was a 8 year old kid.

Since it was called the Isis/Shazam Hour it is a shame that they are separately owned.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Shazam would be great. I recorded a few of those when TV Land was playing them. I was such a fan of Shazam. I don't remember Iris all that much though. I'm sure I watched it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Kevin, I met Joanna Cameron at a convention last year...Sadly, she doesn't look like that anymore. :)

Seriously, she did have have a petition sheet to get the show released.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Yeah, I know, I've seen photo's of her at many conventions over the years (hell, aging happen's to all of us...nobody I know had successfully fought it yet without serious plastic surgery....and even then the results are pretty frightening in their own right...Joan Rivers anyone? ;) )......but back when I had the crush she did look like that so that is my abiding memory. :)

David Levine

Supporting Actor
Space Academy came out last week, so it should be available. Best Buy is your probably your best chance for finding it.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Oh, only one week, okay. My BB is terrible about getting non-top ten titles onto the shelves in a timely fashion, so I'll keep checking.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I got it at BB last week for about $22. Not as fun as Ark II, but I can only take so much of Harris before i want to choke him! The effects are still cool for a Sat. moring show of the 70s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks