What's new

Are you ready for another CSI? (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I used to be a semi regular watcher of the original CSI, but when I tune in now it seems that Grishom has been pushed out to merely a supporting character status. Maybe Bruckenheimer should be putting his creative energy into resuscitating the original CSI.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Do we really need another NY-based show? If they're going to do it, I was hoping for something a bit more interesting like CSI: New Orleans.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
New York and New Orleans were two of the locations the producers are considering... I think a lot more interesting was what they were saying when CSI: Miami came out, that the next one would be set overseas (although CSI: French Riviera may just have been wishful thinking on their parts).

Still, when I look at good procedurals like Boomtown and Dragnet tanking this season, I think the schedule may be saturated with them. How much more room for crime shows does CBS have on their schedule (or NBC, which is supposedly looking at another Law & Order within the next year or so).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Hey. Maybe, they can have David Caruso set up CSI:New York and while he is there he can run into Sipowitz. ;)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
CSI: The Big Easy or CSI: The Big Apple: what a choice.

If the next CSI continues the same downward spiral begun when going from CSI to CSI: Miami, I won’t need to watch more than a couple of shows in order to have my suspicions confirmed.

James T

Screenwriter
I hardly watch Miami and I'm just catching up with CSI via reruns on tv.

One was enough. Two is too much. And three would be overkill.

Why doesn't bruckheimer stick to just blowing stuff up?

MattGentry

Second Unit
Too. Much. CSI.

I really liked the first one. Then, when the second one came out, and I attempted to watch it. It just didn't have the right feel. And now, I try to watch the first one, but I just can't get into it because there is simply too much.

NO MORE!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, CSI: Fargo would be entertaining.. or, CSI: Truth Or Consequences, NM :) (now there's an odd combination of shows ;)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Jerry Brucheimer. Biggest hack around.
The spinoff to the original is not very good but like the many Law and Order spinoffs people will watch.
Arent people selective in their viewing habits anymore?
Do we really need another one of these shows???

How about CSI Moonbase?

Colin Davidson

Second Unit

Look at the proliferation of so-called "reality TV shows" that should be major indicator right there that people have no clue whatsoever.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I like Bruckheimer and I've enjoyed CSI even when it was b-fare relegated to Friday nights with "The Fugitive."

But I'm about to drop CSI Miami (despite my love affair with Emily Procter) and would have a difficult time accepting yet another flavor of the series.

Then again, "Without A Trace" is very good and "Cold Case" is decent. I'll give it a shot but am highly skeptical.

Pete SE

Agent
I'm so tired of seeing citiscapes in all of these programs.

I want CSI: Hawaii or CSI: Jackson Hole

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but the Law & Order spinoffs are GOOD - Special Victims Unit is, IMHO, the best procedural going right now and Criminal Intent is also highly entertaining. Both, also, have carved a distinct identity form their parent show, which I don't know that CSI: Miami has accomplished.

As to Bruckheimer being a hack... Yeah, most of his movies stink. But it seems that since Don Simpson's death, he has at least made an attempt to strive for more quality. CSI shows aside, his TV work has generally been pretty good - Without A Trace is a fantastic procedural, and lots of people will add "except The Amazing Race" to their "reality TV must die" rants. Skin also got pretty good reviews.

As to whether we "need" another one of these shows, no, we don't, but we don't need much of anything on TV. People do seem to want more, though... And I don't know if it's "more CSI" specifically (although by now that's something of a trusted brand name), but Law & Order has shown that a good one-hour police procedural can get good ratings, both first-run and in re-runs (which is awfully handy when you have holes to fill in the schedule) and can survive cast members coming and going. Viewers like them - though not necessarily the viewers that make noise on the internet, since they tend to be more interested in ongoing stories and these shows tend to be self-contained - and they do more for a network than, say, Ed, the likes of which don't rerun well at all.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
What's sad is that, for all the stuff that pops up on TV that's carbon copies of each other, not a lot truely original pops out; people watch what others do and they do the same.

I remember for a while when networks were popping out wild shows, and yes, chunks of them failed, but you at least had some unique concepts.. (Quantum Leap, etc.) and yes, a lot of those shows were garbage (not speaking of QL, which I loved) but at least they were different, a couple more CSIs doesn't strike me as very original.

Oh well, Sopranos in a couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks