What's new

Are you in sales? (1 Viewer)

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any websites or books that have helped you increase your ability to sell?

I need to get a kick start up on my sales career.

thanks for any advice you can give me.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Know the product that you're selling. I hate asking people questions and they don't their head from their... you know what I mean. Or even worse, a salesperson spouting off about specs and being flat out wrong.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I sort of sell, but really it's all about price with the customers so as much as my boss likes us to differentiate on quality and service, the bottom line is almost always price, so I guess I'm a crappy salesman

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
I sell a software program to a specific audience.

I know my product VERY well, and I know my audience very well.

I just want to increase my sales knowledge and sell more!

check out my company's software:
www.planetwidecomics.com

benjaminBen

Stunt Coordinator
Yes i am in sales and had great success. good books are as follows

Integrity based selling can't remember author

The Little Red Book of Selling : 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness by Jeffrey Gitomer

Swim With The Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive" by Harvey Mackay

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I'm in sales.I sell hi end Hometheater systems and the one thing that I have learned over the years is stay away from the TBBS ( TECHNO BABBLE BULLSHIT) Customers dont always want to hear that.make the presentation Fun. make them laugh ( people buy from who thay like) Dont act like a sales man talk to them as if you have known them for years. Tell some annicdotes that pertain to the product that you are selling.

Books are OK But then you are just an extension of that person who wrote the book. Find a style that works for you.

ALWAYS BE CLOSING. TELLING IS NOT SELLING.

Good Luck.

Robert Marc

Stunt Coordinator
You may have just made another sale. Pretty cool, I could have a lot of fun with some party pics.:laugh:

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
benjaminBen, i just picked up that book. great stuff so far!

Mark, your advice is stuff that i intend to follow, and it's good to hear another person with the same philosophy :)

i didn't come here with the intention of selling my product to you, but if you are a reseller or anything similar, i can probably offer you my reseller price.

benjaminBen

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to hear the books are working out. Just always realize that you can always learn something new and the best way is to learn from someone that has been successful. Glad to hear you like the books.

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
My boss/mentor has made millions of dollars and is VERY successful in what she does, and she has already taught me a lot.

Thanks guys!!!

Chris Brock

Second Unit
I am in sales, I the sales manager at a software/web development company. A couple books that I have found to be great are:

The New Solution Selling, by Keith Eades
Hope is Not a Strategy, by Rick Page

and though not a "sales" book I still consider this to be the standard for relationship building:
How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks